View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 16th, 2018, 4:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Clawtribe Barbarian's rage. 
Mini-Boss

So this is a unique one i know what my answer is but we had a discussion about it last night. This is a few questions actually.
So Barbarian's turn uses the rage action before moving takes the thundervale huntress potion for some free movement. (So 1. Do you activate rage then get the rage effect or is it an action that takes effect until you stop moving?) Then the rage rule states every point of movement spent you make an attack. (2. Do you have to stop to make the attack? So if you move through an ally do you have to stop to make the attack? 3. When moving into difficult terrain do you get 2 attacks?)

So in my opinion number 1 is the effect is like an aura you spend the points then have the effect until you activate again. Number 2 i believe you have to stop to make the attack so when moving through an ally would deny you the attack since you can not stop in another model. Lastly number 3 you would only get 1 attack since you moved 1 square.
Wondering what the thoughts are or what the official rulings would be?

July 21st, 2018, 6:04 pm
Ninja Corps

I'd be in line with all those. Except maybe the similar to an aura thing. I'd say it just ends with the turn. If it lasted until the beginning of their next activation, that would cause all kinds of weird shenanigans with push, pull and compel.

July 21st, 2018, 11:17 pm
Mini-Boss

I agree with vreelands interpretation and with usagi that it’s not an aura since it literally does not say aura.

So potions and equipment that increase movement benefit Rage granting additional attacks but you cannot make those attacks with an illegal move (not sure how often that comes up) and we base attacks on squares moved rather than movement points spent.

SDE is unfortunately not consistent with the usage of moves X squares and whether that movement is affected by tile effects.

July 22nd, 2018, 1:48 am
Mini-Boss

Poor choice of using aura as wording, but it is an ability that lasts the until you activate again since your armor defense is 1 blue die and you can not use berserk until you activate again.

Since the consul usually smears the poor heroes in our games we gave the barbarin the "illegal" attack when she was occupying the square with the thundervale huntress.

July 23rd, 2018, 11:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]