View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 19th, 2018, 5:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Sweetheart Candy's Love Arrow in Arcade 
Minion

I'm excited because Sweetheart Candy should arrive soon and because my group plays exclusively Arcade, I'm wondering how her Love Arrow will work in Arcade mode.

Love Arrow: (1 Support Action, Range 6, no offensive roll required) Target enemy model makes a basic offensive action controlled by this Hero's controller.

Because Gangs in Arcade mode have static offence and defence stats, this could be very powerful in Arcade as you can guarantee three automatic wounds per turn.
E.g. The Executioners Gangs (STR 3/4) targets a Frog Knight (ARM 2). It automatically beats the armour and with Massive Damage wipes the elite from the table. Candy targets the Grobbit again and has him instant-kill the second Frog Knight the same way. She still has another action to target him a third time and kill something else! Whew!

How will wrath work? Although technically the Grobbit is the one doing the killing, the command is coming from Candy so in my group we will be putting the wrath on her per wound caused. Is that how everyone else is playing it?

Facebook
Twitter

April 28th, 2018, 12:30 am
Denizen

My understanding is yes that’s how it works. No wrath bc she is not inflicting the attack. The trade off in arcade is you get auto hits but also auto defends and can only use it on elites and bosses bc minions have no actions or attack. Creeps I don’t think can attack either.

Using sweetheart candy and a hero that can control monsters into range of each other can be powerful but situational. Also she gets no hearts or potions on the support action.

April 28th, 2018, 1:20 am
Denizen

Also no crits in arcade.

April 28th, 2018, 1:21 am
Ninja Corps

without having the rules at hand at the moment, I could suppose that using that ability may render the defeated models useless for loot as well. Again, I'd have to read the rules more specifically. But this seems like a possibility.

April 28th, 2018, 7:06 am
Minion

Usagi wrote:
without having the rules at hand at the moment, I could suppose that using that ability may render the defeated models useless for loot as well. Again, I'd have to read the rules more specifically. But this seems like a possibility.

I think you would still get loot, because Candy's ability occurs in the heroes turn.
Page 32: "The party may not draw loot cards for monsters that were destroyed during the Consul Turn (such as from Fire or Backlash) or that possess the Insignificant ability."

Facebook
Twitter

April 28th, 2018, 11:30 am
Denizen

I read at as still gets loot same as aella

The support action is powerful but not without trade offs. Its effectiveness is reliant on the monsters on the board and their positioning.

April 28th, 2018, 3:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]