View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2017, 1:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Vom Drakk exp second mini-boss question 
Bottle Cap

Hi, I'm new to the game and love playing it with my nieces.

I recently got the von drakk expansion and tiles and got confused by the fact that there seems to be only one mini-boss, I then bought the witch queen exp thinking she was the missing mini-boss but I see she is actualy a final boss.

How do you play this exp with only one mini-boss?, I'm confused.

Last edited by Serenet on June 26th, 2017, 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 25th, 2017, 12:20 am
Ninja Corps

Expansion sets like that aren't necessarily meant to be played wholly separated.

I can't remember what comes specifically with Von Drakk, I think he has the pumpkin patches, shallow graves, Von Drakk and Death? There is a second, thematic, mini boss (meaning, it's undead themed, cast in purple, etc). That's Gruesome George. He comes with the Silt Town expansion. That has George, the Grabby House (which is a spawn point I personally quite like) and the Marie Claude hero. I think that's what comes in it.

Vandella the succubus is also a thematic mini-boss for Von Drakk, as I believe she is his girlfriend. She is a single model expansion, meaning it's just a small box with her in it. She's not purple (she's pink, meaning she's a nether monster) but she is associated with Von Drakk.

But, my actual point is that everything in the game is mix-and-match. There's no rule that requires everything to match color or theme. You can run a game that's half fae woods, half moors. Have death and Trent as mini bosses. Heck, you could throw in an egg clutch or something. A lot of people will play the game only thematically. I can see the appeal of that. But, I also think that playing it like that really misses out on the tactical variety the game can offer. Mix and match can make some really interesting combos, ultimately.

June 26th, 2017, 5:14 am
Mini-Boss

Not to forget that you can just beat the Spectre and respawn it later. 2nd miniboss=1st miniboss

July 2nd, 2017, 7:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]