View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2017, 5:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 predator, how it triggers (push, pull, compel) 
Bottle Cap

Wanted to find out an official ruling about how predator actually triggers.

Is it only when a hero voluntarily moves at least one square away so it isn't in base contact anymore with the character with predator, or does it also trigger if the hero moves to a square that is still adjacent to the model with predator but not in the square it started in?

Also, as the hero is not choosing to move voluntarily, do abilities like push, pull and compel also cause predator to trigger?

I am assuming abilities like teleport or place abilities do not trigger predator as they are not moving but appearing in a new location.

May 14th, 2017, 5:21 am
Denizen

I'm obviously not making an official ruling, but by the way it is stated you only need to move (by any means) to trigger Predator. Even if you sidestep through around them.

(Definition of Predator) Predator: When an enemy model moves out of a square that is adjacent to a model with Predator, the model with Predator may immediately make a Melee Attack against that model.

May 15th, 2017, 11:44 pm
Bottle Cap

True, it also can be interpreted as meaning you need to leave adjacency to gain the hit though, a punishment for running away. That's what I am wondering about, if you only need to move side to side along a models base or fully away for it to trigger. Also if it is only from voluntarily moving away/compel or with push effects.

May 16th, 2017, 2:24 am
Mini-Boss

From the wording, you could compel the model back and forth and attack with predator after every move. Is the square it moved out of adjacent? Yes? Predator triggers. It's not tied to the square moved into.

July 2nd, 2017, 7:11 pm
Minion

Here's an official ruling: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... ts/1195254

July 6th, 2017, 7:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]