View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 18th, 2018, 8:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Who builds the loot and treasure deck? 
Mini-Boss

With Super Dungeon Arena we got more cards to add to the loot and treasure deck. Great news for people like me who enjoys playing with a heavy will based party! :D Or rather, I assume it is...

The problem is that the rules mentions adding new cards by changing them out on a 1 to 1 basis. The question is who does this and when they do it on the setup phase. I assume it is done before the special treasure cards are added, preferably even during hero selection, but does the consul or the player do it? Also, how will it work in arena? Are both players expected to bring their own treasure and loot deck to the table? To be fair, this sounds the best considering how much dead loot there can otherwise be...

Grateful for a response on this very relevant setup rule question. :/

<3

When all realities in which you can lose are eleminated, first then can you be proclaimed the winner.

May 12th, 2017, 9:56 pm
Bottle Cap

For myself, I edited the deck as a consul that allows an even chance of loot that provides bonuses for all 4 status effects so there isn't a big flood of STR/ARM.

Honestly if you wanted to change it session to session I would let it be up to the consul. That way there is always a surprise in what is being played as long as it's balanced.

March 26th, 2018, 2:33 pm
Denizen

Firesplitter wrote:
With Super Dungeon Arena we got more cards to add to the loot and treasure deck. Great news for people like me who enjoys playing with a heavy will based party! :D Or rather, I assume it is...

The problem is that the rules mentions adding new cards by changing them out on a 1 to 1 basis. The question is who does this and when they do it on the setup phase. I assume it is done before the special treasure cards are added, preferably even during hero selection, but does the consul or the player do it? Also, how will it work in arena? Are both players expected to bring their own treasure and loot deck to the table? To be fair, this sounds the best considering how much dead loot there can otherwise be...

Grateful for a response on this very relevant setup rule question. :/

Hey there,

I keep my arena and regular loot separate. I run an ongoing campaign so people might do different.

But in regards to Regular dungeons:

I do not combine any decks. Loot is my loot deck, treasure only gets the boss specific additions, arena is arena. My friends and I share an arena deck, so we leave it untouched. In competitive play? Not sure what to do about that as I have not seen an arena tournament, really ever.

Hope this helps somewhat?

March 26th, 2018, 4:50 pm
Denizen

Note the original post was from May 2017.

According to the 2.0 rules, the base explore/arcade 2.0 games should be played with the included loot/treasure decks.

Both rulebooks come with an Additional Cards section:

ADDITIONAL CARDS
Players may acquire new cards by purchasing
expansions, participating in events, or other
promotions. Model cards are used whenever their
models are used in the game. Other cards, such as
treasure or loot, may be added to their decks for all
games, increasing the options for every game.

Alternatively, these treasure and loot cards may be added
to the decks only when the models the cards came with
are used in the game. This keeps the decks lightly themed
to the monsters faced in the game. Cards that come with
a specific model have that model’s portrait on the card
for easy identification when customizing the deck. Some
players may not enjoy sifting through their Treasure Deck
to take out all of the treasure that is linked to a specific
monster or boss. If so, that’s fine! Simply agree to either
play with the basic Treasure Deck included in this box,
or just keep adding treasure to your deck until you have a
massive treasure collection.

=============================
Effectively, they provide guidelines, but ultimately, you can do whatever you want.

I can see in Classic where tuning the loot/treasure deck for the heroes is less advantageous for the Consul.

In Arena, I don't think it makes sense to tune unless you're trying to handicap one hero.

For Arcade, it's really up to you.

Legends will have its own loot deck of completely different stuff, so won't worry about that (whenever it releases).

March 26th, 2018, 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]