View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2017, 5:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Questions about Dangerous Wave and Mob 
Bottle Cap

Hi all,

My first question is mostly regarding the Star Guild Sapper. His potion is Wave 1, Dangerous. Does this mean he hits himself, or whoever uses his potion hits themself?

My second question is regarding Mob. The wording states they add 1 Blue STR dice to their offensive roll for each Mob monster in range. What I was wondering does that include ranged attacks range, as it doesn't specify melee range? I can kind of see the Flinger distracting a Hero while an Ironscale attacks them, but some clarification would be nice.

May 12th, 2017, 8:53 am
Minion

I don't have my rulebook in front of me so I can't confirm myself, but if the WAVE AOE description in the rule book has the center tile highlighted as well, then yes, the users would hit themselves. If it doesn't, then no, they wouldn't, but then things like the Ember Mage's healing potion would not heal the user either. I'm pretty sure the center tile is highlighted.

Mob says "when making an attack with [SWORD] ...." So it's a melee attack bonus but gets the range of the [SWORD] stat. Rex for example is 3.

May 12th, 2017, 3:52 pm
Denizen

jherick1988 wrote:
Hi all,

My first question is mostly regarding the Star Guild Sapper. His potion is Wave 1, Dangerous. Does this mean he hits himself, or whoever uses his potion hits themself?

Quote:
WAVE X
A Wave effect is centered on the user’s base and
every square within X squares of the user.

The casters square is treated the same as the others so I'd say yes.
Quote:
My second question is regarding Mob. The wording states they add 1 Blue STR dice to their offensive roll for each Mob monster in range. What I was wondering does that include ranged attacks range, as it doesn't specify melee range? I can kind of see the Flinger distracting a Hero while an Ironscale attacks them, but some clarification would be nice.

Quote:
Mob: when making [SWORD] offensive actions, a model with mob adds +1B STR to their offensive roll for every additional model with Mob that is in range of their target,...
Outside of knowing the 1st edition rule, I can't see any reason the Ironscale can't claim the +1B for a Flinger 6 squares from its target.

May 12th, 2017, 7:48 pm
Minion

Ahh..I was misunderstanding the question, you are correct. The ATTACKER needs to use a melee attack to get the Mob bonus, but the bonus comes from any other models with Mob who have the target in their attack range. I doesn't specify what type of range, so I guess any is fine.

May 14th, 2017, 10:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]