View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2017, 1:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Number of Creeps in the Beta Arcade 
Minion

I have printed the Beta Arcade rules and trying them on my Forgotten King set.

I'm still a bit confused about the Creep rules.

Some Creeps types have 6 models (Squirrels, Ghosts) and some have 12 models (Rattlebones, Slimes and Giri). Are those hard limits for the Creeps? I.e. you can only have 6 Ghosts in the map at the same time, but you can have 12 Giri in the map at the same time.

Some plot cards seem to demand more than 6 creep models on the map. For example you set up twice the number of creeps as there are heroes. So, for 4 hero game (I'm usually playing 4 hero arcade games) you need 8 creeps on the map. That's impossible to do with Squirrels and Ghosts...

I'm thinking of using 2 sets of different creeps when more than 6 creeps are needed. For example if I have chosen the Squirrels to be my primary creeps and I need to set up 8 creeps, I will use the maximum number of squirrels (6) and then add some Giris as secondary creeps to make up numbers (up to total of 12 creeps as that seems the hard cap for most of the creeps).

I see no other way to field the creeps in some plot cards.

I don't understand why the creep rules won't tell us how many creeps in total are there supposed to be in the monster pool? 6? 12? Infinite?

March 21st, 2017, 6:16 am
Employee

Foxwhisperer wrote:
I have printed the Beta Arcade rules and trying them on my Forgotten King set.

I'm still a bit confused about the Creep rules.

Some Creeps types have 6 models (Squirrels, Ghosts) and some have 12 models (Rattlebones, Slimes and Giri). Are those hard limits for the Creeps? I.e. you can only have 6 Ghosts in the map at the same time, but you can have 12 Giri in the map at the same time.

Some plot cards seem to demand more than 6 creep models on the map. For example you set up twice the number of creeps as there are heroes. So, for 4 hero game (I'm usually playing 4 hero arcade games) you need 8 creeps on the map. That's impossible to do with Squirrels and Ghosts...

I'm thinking of using 2 sets of different creeps when more than 6 creeps are needed. For example if I have chosen the Squirrels to be my primary creeps and I need to set up 8 creeps, I will use the maximum number of squirrels (6) and then add some Giris as secondary creeps to make up numbers (up to total of 12 creeps as that seems the hard cap for most of the creeps).

I see no other way to field the creeps in some plot cards.

I don't understand why the creep rules won't tell us how many creeps in total are there supposed to be in the monster pool? 6? 12? Infinite?

The correct answer is, essentially: infinite.

If you want to use Ghost Creeps but get a plot that spawns 8 Ghosts, use markers to represent the other two ghosts.

How many Creeps come in a package has no bearing on the rules. This is simply because we have so many different Creeps packaged in different numbers. If I made a hard cap of 6, people with sets of 12 would be annoyed. If I required 12, people with sets of 6 would have too few. If I require you to have two sets of Creeps, people will be annoyed they need to buy multiple sets.

Ultimately I provided a varied number of plots that require different numbers of Creeps and let the Consul choose between three to find one that works with their collection.

It's not ideal, at the moment. But hopefully it will be easier once Pet Parade is out in full. :)

Also, I am more likely to see questions such as this on the backer forum. Please put them there if you can. If you don't have access, feel free to PM me or email me: justin.gibbs@ninja-division.net

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

March 21st, 2017, 2:49 pm
Minion

Thanks for the answer!

Ok, then, I will use a single creep type, but use other creep models as stand ins when I run out of the "main" type models. Simply enough.

March 21st, 2017, 2:54 pm
Bottle Cap

ND_Justin wrote:
Also, I am more likely to see questions such as this on the backer forum. Please put them there if you can. If you don't have access, feel free to PM me or email me: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

Does anyone see a typo in that email address? I tried it to request access to that forum, but it bounced back (and apparently there's some kind of participation threshold for PMing).

March 23rd, 2017, 4:42 am
Minion

I think you need to do 12 posts on the forum before you can PM?

They want to make sure a new poster is human?

March 23rd, 2017, 12:29 pm
Denizen

lucern wrote:
Does anyone see a typo in that email address? I tried it to request access to that forum, but it bounced back (and apparently there's some kind of participation threshold for PMing).
There was a typo. I corrected it. Please try again.

March 23rd, 2017, 4:01 pm
Bottle Cap

ND_nekodachi wrote:
lucern wrote:
There was a typo. I corrected it. Please try again.

I hate to come back with this after you specifically corrected it, but I tried it with and without the dash, and both bounced as undeliverable. Gmail must have been corrupted by the wiles of the Forgotten King.

March 23rd, 2017, 8:51 pm
Denizen

lucern wrote:
I hate to come back with this after you specifically corrected it, but I tried it with and without the dash, and both bounced as undeliverable. Gmail must have been corrupted by the wiles of the Forgotten King.
Sorry. There were actually two typos, not just one. I've corrected them both now.

(If it still doesn't go through, just email us at info@sodapopminiatures.com and be sure to provide your forum username.)

March 23rd, 2017, 10:40 pm
Bottle Cap

Quote:
How many Creeps come in a package has no bearing on the rules. This is simply because we have so many different Creeps packaged in different numbers. If I made a hard cap of 6, people with sets of 12 would be annoyed. If I required 12, people with sets of 6 would have too few. If I require you to have two sets of Creeps, people will be annoyed they need to buy multiple sets.

It would be nice if ND put together 3-pack "extra creep" packs of the various creeps (especially those which come as sets of six with a boss currently, or models for the creeps that are "tokens" in the main box) so that people wishing to add extras to their collection had a reasonable way to. Obviously I haven't done a business analysis of this, but I'd buy some if this existed.

March 25th, 2017, 5:57 pm
Minion

I believe the creep tokens in the 2.0 main box are Fireflowers and their models will be in the Dragonback/Fireflows map set.

March 27th, 2017, 4:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]