View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 18th, 2017, 11:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Beatrix injuring herself? 
Bottle Cap

Hey guys and girls

In the description of "bubble and boil" there is that skull-symbol (injuring friend and foe), and it has no range. So it goes out of the squares, the mini stands on, like "wave" but it's a "burst" attack so the squares, the mini filled are affected too. Is Beatrix injuring herself?

thanks and regards

December 16th, 2016, 1:36 pm
Denizen

Bubble and Boil uses Beatrix's default range of Magic 8 since it lists no range nor AoE.

December 16th, 2016, 9:18 pm
Bottle Cap

These are the german cards, hope they are similar to yours.

Beatrix' range is 8 (for normal magical attacks (WILL), but Bubble & Boil has no range. For example the burst attack of the Forgotten King has a range. So I was confused.

December 17th, 2016, 11:56 am
Bottle Cap

Sorry for doublepost. I wanted to edit it to my last post but it's on the way to the moderator. Maybe he can do?

Is there anything else to know? Are there patchnotes or something? It's irritating when gamecards oft the same edition has different discriptions for the same kind of action.

Last edited by Crypto731 on December 22nd, 2016, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 17th, 2016, 2:28 pm
Mini-Boss

If the burst happens near her, for sure she hurt herself.

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

December 17th, 2016, 10:41 pm
Bottle Cap

The way I read this is she uses her Will range (8) to 'cast' the Bubble, and the 'Burst' portion is the Explosion 1.
I do agree it definitely needs a number, but I also feel like if it had a number people would argue over how big the explosion radius is.

Would like to know official ruling, also.

December 20th, 2016, 3:09 pm
Denizen

Burst = Explosion. The pictures are German cards. Again, since it is a burst attack, burst attacks can only be created as an additional effect on Melee, Magic or Missile attacks (the basic three attacks). It can thus be concluded that the attack should be written as Magic 8, Burst 1, Dangerous.

December 20th, 2016, 9:27 pm
Ninja Corps

Clawandbyte wrote:
Burst = Explosion. The pictures are German cards. Again, since it is a burst attack, burst attacks can only be created as an additional effect on Melee, Magic or Missile attacks (the basic three attacks). It can thus be concluded that the attack should be written as Magic 8, Burst 1, Dangerous.

While there's a possibility the range could have been intended to be something other than 8 this is obviously just a typo on the card. It's a far more reasonable assumption to go with it being her native magic range as opposed to a range 0 dangerous burst attack, which has never even been remotely represented in any way on any card, ever, previously.

December 20th, 2016, 10:37 pm
Bottle Cap

thanks
my first thought was just, that there may be different abilities with different ranges. like in nearly every other game.

Usagi wrote:
...which has never even been remotely represented in any way on any card, ever, previously.

no argument. I've bought SDE in october, don't know what was all the years before. And I'm not interested in reading old rulebooks/cards.

December 22nd, 2016, 2:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]