View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2017, 12:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Spawn Points and Control Effects 
Denizen

I don't believe it says anywhere in the rules that Spawn Points are immune to control effects, so actions like Mistmoun Shaman's "Ancestral Will" (1 AP Push 2) or any Throw could move a spawn point. I just wonder if this was an oversight or intentional, since it means a Roller or Crusher could push a Spawn away so the Heroes have to go chase it. Do we know if this is possible?

October 16th, 2016, 9:48 pm
Denizen

Clawandbyte wrote:
I don't believe it says anywhere in the rules that Spawn Points are immune to control effects, so actions like Mistmoun Shaman's "Ancestral Will" (1 AP Push 2) or any Throw could move a spawn point. I just wonder if this was an oversight or intentional, since it means a Roller or Crusher could push a Spawn away so the Heroes have to go chase it. Do we know if this is possible?

I didn't see anything that restricts it happening, but I also believe there wasn't anything in the FK rules that stopped it either?

October 16th, 2016, 10:20 pm
Mini-Boss

There was an erratum stating that Spawners can't b moved, iirc

November 3rd, 2016, 3:29 pm
Denizen

Xris Wraith wrote:
There was an erratum stating that Spawners can't b moved, iirc

Do you happen to know where?

Also I suspect they probably can't have a cant be moved rule with the sotc spawner being a monster. It would have to spelled out as non-16-bit monster spawning points cannot be moved. Which would be fine but a general rule would cause issues.

November 3rd, 2016, 9:58 pm
Denizen

and yet now spawners CAN be mobile and apparently there is at least one other apart from the SOTC spawn point that is mobile.

November 3rd, 2016, 11:05 pm
Minion

already had 16-bit monsters which can spawn. the new Spider-speaker Nether Elf is meant to be able to spawn too.

Either way, Spawning points can't be moved. Says that in the rules:
Classic rule book Page 29
"A model may never be moved in a manner that would not be legal for them to move on their own."

that's very simple and clear to me.

November 4th, 2016, 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

ManicMan wrote:
already had 16-bit monsters which can spawn. the new Spider-speaker Nether Elf is meant to be able to spawn too.

Either way, Spawning points can't be moved. Says that in the rules:
Classic rule book Page 29
"A model may never be moved in a manner that would not be legal for them to move on their own."

that's very simple and clear to me.

That implies King Sprout cannot dash nor be moved by control effects. King Sprout has been confirmed to be able to be moved via control effects, and King Sprout cannot move otherwise (it may be able to dash, but it's more likely that King Sprout dashing is an unintended effect). Spawning Points are usually unable to activate, but it seems like they can still be moved by control effects. They just can't be affected by anything that requires a defence roll aside from attacks.

That quote refers to things like moving over chasms, since all models follow the same rules for movement unless they have abilities that allow them to do otherwise.

November 4th, 2016, 6:54 pm
Minion

I can see what you are getting at.. but the next line saying 'Difficult terrain and other tile effects are treated as normal' does seam to say otherwise. So the second line deals with chasms and the like, so the first part should really be taken as normal.

so while I see what you are talking about, it doesn't SAY or confirm in anyway its only talking about 'difficult terrain and other effects'...

I never normally have the King Sprout move.. it's spouted.. that lack of movement is deal with by it being a large based figure which has 3 ranged attacks, each with 4 range, so with the large base that gives you a 10x10 square of the board taken up, which is perfectly fine but that said, Spawning points don't have movement. King Sprout HAS movement, it's just 0. which basically says it has the ability to be able to move, just cause it can't move even one tile, doesn't mean it doesn't have that ability.

See what i'm getting at?

November 5th, 2016, 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]