View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 24th, 2018, 3:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 LoS and targeting diagonally. 
Bottle Cap

We were playing a game earlier and this came up with an AoE attack.

XXXXX
XXEXX
XEXEX
XXEXX
XXXXH

X = Open space
E = Enemy
H = Hero

Can the hero target the empty space in between all the enemies to get them all in the blast? We were uncertain on how LoS works when targeting diagonally. Thank you!

February 14th, 2018, 7:05 am
Ninja Corps

Regardless of LOS rules, you may not target an empty space with a blast attack. It must have a target model.

Other than that LOS could be drawn to that square as the hero can clearly see the cirner closest to him. Its the same readon a melee atrack could target a diagonally adjacent monster even if a hero is surrounded.

February 14th, 2018, 1:55 pm
Bottle Cap

Okay thank you, we flubbed a bit with the targeting rules, let the heroes do it in the end because the consol was winning. But for future reference in that same instance you can target diagonally through enemies (with ranged attacks)? We were only confused because you are not allowed to move diagonally through enemies placed as such.

February 14th, 2018, 4:57 pm
Ninja Corps

I'm working off memory here, not looking at the rules. I could be wrong (except about the targeting an empty space, i know you can't do that). When I get a chance, I'll look at the preview rule PDF again and see if I can more accurately confirm the ruling.

February 15th, 2018, 2:54 am
Minion

GoldenAegis wrote:
Okay thank you, we flubbed a bit with the targeting rules, let the heroes do it in the end because the consol was winning. But for future reference in that same instance you can target diagonally through enemies (with ranged attacks)? We were only confused because you are not allowed to move diagonally through enemies placed as such.

You can't target through enemies if the hero doesn't have line of sight. Models with large base can see above small base enemies, and models with fly can see (and be seen by) any model (except behind walls).
Hope it clarifies.

February 15th, 2018, 11:25 am
Ninja Corps

This sounds right. If there were a model in that space directly touching the diagonal, it would be tRgetable. But one, say, one space beyond that would not be targetable.

Its important to note that once an AOE effect happens, models do not affect LOS for the AOE effect at all.

February 15th, 2018, 2:46 pm
Bottle Cap

Ok, awesome. Thank you guys so much for the clarification!

February 15th, 2018, 7:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]