View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2017, 9:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Multiple Rule questions, 2.0 rulings. 
Bottle Cap

Turtle Shells and Spirit Walkers
If I have 4 Turtle Shell rocktop minions in tile 1, and my spirit walker uses;

(2) Ambush: Place up to 3 skull points of monsters, from anywhere in the dungeon, adjacent to target hero.

Can I place the turtle shell minion's from tile 1? If so how many? Turtle Shell minions cost 0 skull points but have the ability;

Turtle Shells may not be spawned and may only enter play through the Shell ability.

2.0 rules for Place; Some game effects will instruct players to place a model in a specific location in the dugeon. To place the model, pick it up and put it in the location specified by the effect. This does not count as moving and all dungeon elements, tile edefects, and models are ignored, except those wich affect the square in which the model is placed.

Next question on Turtle Shells is Line of sight and blocking hero movement. On page 15 of the new 2.0 rules it refreshes large based models and small based models but shells have neither. So how do they work with new rulings?

Moving Large Based Models
If my Angry bear uses the new rules for moving a large base model, after I move three spaces use some actions then use the rest of my movement do I count movement from the same square that I had moved from or can I pick a new corner to count my remaining movement

[W] [X]
[Y] [Z]

If I begin moving diagonally south east counting from point Z. After I have stopped moving can I begin to move north west diagonally counting from Point W

Predator
This question has been asked but nevery really clarified to what the original posters wanted to know.

[ ] [ ] [x]
[ ] [a] [y]
[ ] [z] [ ]

If Model A has predator, and an enemy model moves onto location X, then Y, then Z. Does the enemy model get attacked by the predator model for moving out of an adjacent square? In this case twice when moving from location X to Y then Y to Z.

Predator: when an enemy model moves out of an a square that is adjacent to a model with predator, the model with predator may immediately make a melee attack against that model.

Offense Actions
When using a red action that has the ability pull or push, when does the effect trigger.

Example.
The Hidden Shrine Infiltrator uses it's crane ability against two slow poke minions blocking a doorway. Does the pull effect trigger before rolling dice regardless If it is successful or not?

Or would the pull effect only trigger when the action is successful? If this is the case. Do the minions get pulled before they die? Or do the minions take a heart token before they are moved by the effect.

(2) Crane: Lance 8, Pull 3.

September 12th, 2017, 11:03 am
Mini-Boss

toxic4mosh wrote:
Turtle Shells and Spirit Walkers
If I have 4 Turtle Shell rocktop minions in tile 1, and my spirit walker uses;

(2) Ambush: Place up to 3 skull points of monsters, from anywhere in the dungeon, adjacent to target hero.

Can I place the turtle shell minion's from tile 1? If so how many? Turtle Shell minions cost 0 skull points but have the ability;

Turtle Shells may not be spawned and may only enter play through the Shell ability.

2.0 rules for Place; Some game effects will instruct players to place a model in a specific location in the dugeon. To place the model, pick it up and put it in the location specified by the effect. This does not count as moving and all dungeon elements, tile edefects, and models are ignored, except those wich affect the square in which the model is placed.

RAW: placing would be allowed. You could even move all six shells and block in the hero.

Next question on Turtle Shells is Line of sight and blocking hero movement. On page 15 of the new 2.0 rules it refreshes large based models and small based models but shells have neither. So how do they work with new rulings?

again,RAW : since the lack the keyword small and a large base, normal size.

Moving Large Based Models
If my Angry bear uses the new rules for moving a large base model, after I move three spaces use some actions then use the rest of my movement do I count movement from the same square that I had moved from or can I pick a new corner to count my remaining movement

[W] [X]
[Y] [Z]

If I begin moving diagonally south east counting from point Z. After I have stopped moving can I begin to move north west diagonally counting from Point W

I'd go for RAI: no cheating the range. I'd read this as related to the full hero turn.

Predator
This question has been asked but nevery really clarified to what the original posters wanted to know.

[ ] [ ] [x]
[ ] [a] [y]
[ ] [z] [ ]

If Model A has predator, and an enemy model moves onto location X, then Y, then Z. Does the enemy model get attacked by the predator model for moving out of an adjacent square? In this case twice when moving from location X to Y then Y to Z.

Predator: when an enemy model moves out of an a square that is adjacent to a model with predator, the model with predator may immediately make a melee attack against that model.

Again, RAW : yes, two attacks.

Offense Actions
When using a red action that has the ability pull or push, when does the effect trigger.

Example.
The Hidden Shrine Infiltrator uses it's crane ability against two slow poke minions blocking a doorway. Does the pull effect trigger before rolling dice regardless If it is successful or not?

Or would the pull effect only trigger when the action is successful? If this is the case. Do the minions get pulled before they die? Or do the minions take a heart token before they are moved by the effect.

(2) Crane: Lance 8, Pull 3.

one last time raw: all effects of red actions only trigger on a successful attack.

September 12th, 2017, 7:06 pm
Bottle Cap

Thanks for all the answers, so just being clear on the last one. Does the model get moved before it is removed from the game?

Just want to know where the turtle shell is placed when a Rocktop model die's.

September 13th, 2017, 6:54 am
Mini-Boss

The shell replaces the turtle model. Push or pull will only work when the model survives, though.

September 14th, 2017, 8:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]