View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2017, 9:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Starting out 
Bottle Cap

I just ordered the boxed set of Ninja All Stars and was wondering what is a good place to go from there? I really like the look of the Kitsune Clan. I have a friend who wanted to play this with me so I wanted to know what might be a good secondary clan that would be a good matchup, if possible, with the Kitsune Clan. Thanks!

Bushido
(Ito Clan, Prefecture of Ryu)

August 26th, 2016, 1:35 am
Mini-Boss

That is tough in my experience the kitsune are a jack of all trades master of none. The kitsune clan is generally ranked at the bottom of most peoples top clan lists. I would say tora clan as they are kind of a jack of all trades as well just on the offensive side. But that is my opinion

August 26th, 2016, 1:50 am
Ninja Corps

I think Kitsune are under rated. The arguably have the best yajiri in the game, for one.

But, that's neither here nor there to the original question. You really have two options. The first options is to go with the clan you think has the coolest models. You will get to see them in the rulebook (or at least pictures that look much like the models). Or, if money is tight, I would use the shrine ninja tat come with it to play some games and proxy various clans. Then go for the clans you think fit you best. You never know which clan will be a surprise hit with you or your friend.

August 26th, 2016, 2:16 pm
Mini-Boss

I have to agree I believe the kitsune yajiri are better than the tanchyo yajiri but have the better yajiri isn't really anything to brag about.

August 27th, 2016, 5:42 am
Bottle Cap

vreeleader wrote:
I have to agree I believe the kitsune yajiri are better than the tanchyo yajiri but have the better yajiri isn't really anything to brag about.

I picked the Kitsune purely on appearance. They look great. I figure that I'll make them work for me in any event. Lol.

Bushido

August 27th, 2016, 12:36 pm
Ninja Corps

vreeleader wrote:

Tanchyo yajiri are garbage compared to kitsune and tora yajiri. They are really just sory of the middleground yajiri. :P

August 27th, 2016, 4:33 pm
Mini-Boss

The kitsune do look the best out of the clans the ika are second place for looks in my opinion.

I am currently playing the tanchyo in my league. I am in second place behind the ijin. I can take the lead if the dice are kind and give me more movement based missions. The ijin are combat monsters.

August 27th, 2016, 5:12 pm
Bottle Cap

vreeleader wrote:
The kitsune do look the best out of the clans the ika are second place for looks in my opinion.

I am currently playing the tanchyo in my league. I am in second place behind the ijin. I can take the lead if the dice are kind and give me more movement based missions. The ijin are combat monsters.

The Ika were a second choice of mine. Their heroes look really great.

Bushido

August 28th, 2016, 12:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]