View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 17th, 2018, 5:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 [LRB] Focus of the game 
Minion

A large part of the LRB I feel will be establishing an identity for NAS, the core principle of how you play the game, the phrase you use to describe it to a friend!

I don't want to see this game just become a "hit the enemy till you win" style game...too many of those out there and, while it will be a part of the game, it shouldn't drive all discussion about the game. All elements of the game will be built around this (balance, new features, gameplay modes) so would be a good idea to try establish it now before we start theory-crafting anything else!

For me, i see it as a semi-sports game (it is meant to be a tournament) with Clans competing to achieve objectives while fighting off the competition. I think there should be some aim that every part of the game can be broken down to "this is how this helps you accomplish this..." thats not purely combat; be it helping you move about the board better, hold of an enemy easier, protect your Ninjas more, etc etc.

Just trying to gauge where everyone is coming from, or put it another way, how would you describe a possible future NAS in one sentance?

June 30th, 2018, 1:56 pm
Dungeon Boss

The scenarios and objectives are definitely a core part of this game. The game works worst when you're playing a brawl (there's a scenario I wouldn't mind losing entirely).

July 4th, 2018, 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Would drop Brawl, and maybe Champion and Assassination too unless they can be reworked to be less "whichever team is best at combat wins". Being better at combat would give an advantage in terms of getting more enemy Ninjas off the field or being able to hold a spot better, but not hang the entire game on it eg a faster team would run rings round you to score objectives, a tougher team will be able to hold fast and weather the attacks.

The point Im trying to come up with is whats the zero point, the baseline for what a team needs to do in a match.

July 5th, 2018, 10:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]