View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 21st, 2017, 9:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Ninja All Stars - State of the Game 
Bottle Cap

I recently pulled my Kickstarter copy of NAS off the shelves where it rested for a year due to the large amount of negative reviews and lack of support from Ninja Division. I setup the game with my girlfriend and we did a Kitsune vs Ijin game in Infiltration which lasted too long but I had fun. Thankfully, I felt the game system was deep enough to be enjoyable, even if my team of scary demons occasionally fell on their own swords during the attack. Her MVP ninja was the Kitsune stealth spitballer who she named Teemo. He took out 5 models including my Chunin in the back of the head.

I haven't seen the clan models in a year so I was pleasantly astounded by the details and how great everything looked. The Moon cards which bend the rules are great. The ones that just reroll are very bland. The rules were pretty straightforward but we had to house rule one or two things we could not find written clearly.

In summary, I like the game! I look forwards to painting up the clans and getting to teach friends how to play in the league. I definitely see potential in the product line and I hope Ninja Division doesn't abandon the game due to bad reviews. There's plenty of fun to be had in modified rules such as one player running Sentries in the castle with the other getting 3 models only to stealth Tenchu-style infiltrate and 'takeout' the VIP. The Ronins are all so cute it's a shame the rules don't let you play them without seriously hindering the development of your league clan. I am swimming in Koban and I noticed a fan made a 'shop' which could be great for 2.0 rules. Letting you bring 3 item cards you purchased to influence the battlefield... Lots of ideas!

Anyone know if NAS has life in 2017 with support from the producers? (New maps, rules 2.0, league kits?)

March 7th, 2017, 2:51 pm
Bottle Cap

Shop is a very good idea !!

March 7th, 2017, 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

@Nephastus & Usagi

-We expect all who use our forms to be courteous of one another and to conduct themselves with
good manners. We also expect all to respect our company and brands, as well as our employees.

-You are encouraged to share your thoughts about our products and our company, but we ask that
you do so in a respectful manner where you provide constructive criticism aimed at helping us and
others understand your underlying concerns and issues.

-We also ask that you conduct yourselves with a sense of community and order. When posting,
please stay on topic and please refrain from attacking one another. Please also be clear in
expressing your ideas and share them in a manner that invites discussion, rather than attempts to
incite dissent and vitriol.

March 8th, 2017, 11:19 pm
Denizen

UN17 wrote:
Anyone know if NAS has life in 2017 with support from the producers? (New maps, rules 2.0, league kits?)
All I can say at this time is that we haven't given up on Ninja All-Stars.

March 8th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Minion

UN17 wrote:

There was at least two new maps with sentries hinted or previewed. However, it appears almost every product line is delayed with an undefined timeline.

March 9th, 2017, 2:41 pm
Bottle Cap

Nice news, new mission maybe? Or an adventure mission?

March 9th, 2017, 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

I would love for some more stuff for ninja all stars. But seeing as i am waiting on super dungeon, for the moment I greatful for the delay in ninja all stars stuff so i am not waiting on multiple games. :lol:

March 10th, 2017, 6:38 pm
Denizen

i'd be happy just with that new board and sentries, enough to tide me over for another 18 or so months

March 10th, 2017, 8:27 pm
Denizen

UN17 wrote:
I setup the game with my girlfriend and we did a Kitsune vs Ijin game in Infiltration which lasted too long but I had fun.

Awhile ago a friend and I played a league season and tried all the scenarios. They were all fun to play, and we did take notes on how we would shorten the number of turns for each of them for any future use. They all can be a few turns shorter without sacrificing the feel.

We haven't been able to schedule a re-match yet, but we're both looking forward to being able to match our schedules to play again!

March 28th, 2017, 3:28 am
Profile WWW
Minion

I would love to see another map set with sentries.

I would figuratively kill for the opportunity to purchase more dice!

I would also jump on a new NAS Kickstarter on day one!

July 14th, 2017, 6:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]