View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 16th, 2018, 8:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Void Break Teaser 
Ninja Corps

That's a very through announcement. Expectedly light on rules specifics, so that's not a big deal. The list of what the status of all existing models is is really nice, and also about what i expected. Most of the "limited" models from the first run are things that tend to be non-humanoid or humanoid, but with non-standard sizes, like almost all the Noh.

Because of the variety of old models getting resculpts, I'm curious about the granularity of the upcoming kickstarter, or if resculpts will be included at all in it. As I've said, i'm not super focused on making sure everything is the same scale through resculpts. But, if the new sculpts are cool, I may be interested in some replacements/additions (no reason you can't use the old and the new).

Overall, I'm excited for the kickstarter. I'll have to be pinching my pennies for the next month-ish. But, I'll definitely be there to contribute to it when it launches. I've liked the unique rules for Relic Knights from the beginning. I'm willing to believe that the revised rules will be even better. The hero-minion dichotomy sounds interesting and boosts the importance of minion units quite a lot, it sounds like. I don't know if there will be an open beta or not, but I'd be very interested to see the rules in full through something like that!

January 25th, 2017, 7:54 pm
Minion

I'm just happy that the swordsworn and serpent preistess are getting resculpts. The adding of the diamond corps was a little surprising but I don't have even for my alex artillary list so might as well.

January 25th, 2017, 8:39 pm
Mini-Boss

This is cool. I have been wanting to get into the game for awhile, but some of the models were just plain awful! I'm a little iffy though since I know they have done exclusives with RK before. It mentions the cosplay ones are going to be discontinued. I guess that means I need to get them now.

January 26th, 2017, 1:11 am
Mini-Boss

The only true exclusives were the Penny Arcade figures that they were contractually obligated to produce a set quantity of. SPM otherwise believes exclusives hurt the community, so you don't have to worry about missing out on something from the coming KS. I am kinda sad some figures are getting discontinued, but I'd also want to see how the new rules cover everything before I pass final judgement, it could very well be that some of them just won't play as well with the new mechanics. (As for the models themselves, it does kind of suck for collectors, etc. that some stuff is going to be hard to find, but that's the nature of this hobby...)

January 26th, 2017, 3:55 am
Minion

I thought the discontinued models were just the ones getting immediate resculpts rather than being left until stock runs out. They should still be payable, like they said, every unit is getting updated rules. That's how I read it anyway.

What's gonna bug me is that if the resculpts for Cerci look good enough, my compulsive collector tendencies are going to result in me replacing my entire force to avoid an aesthetic clash, midway through getting the blasted things painted.

I did just notice that Asger and the Devils are listed as discontinued. Dunno why they'd need a new sculpt, they were done by Prodos and look pretty good to me.

EDIT: Wait a second, webapp was messing up and not showing me the full sheet. Makes more sense now. Will have another read, maybe it's not gonna be as expensive for me as I thought

January 26th, 2017, 10:04 am
Minion

So on further reading, if I like the resculpts, I'm buying about half my faction again. Not as bad as I thought, and I'll save myself some money this time by just getting one Pit Crew and Royal Wrecker. When I initially bought my stuff I hadn't played enough yet to understand that you don't usually want doubles.

January 26th, 2017, 10:45 am
Ninja Corps

tinkergoth wrote:
So on further reading, if I like the resculpts, I'm buying about half my faction again. Not as bad as I thought, and I'll save myself some money this time by just getting one Pit Crew and Royal Wrecker. When I initially bought my stuff I hadn't played enough yet to understand that you don't usually want doubles.

Well it looks like might change as activating minions is set to change.

-ape2020

January 26th, 2017, 11:50 am
Mini-Boss

The way I read the spreadsheet is that the units that are discontinued are getting cards in the upgrade deck. This means you could use Cerci Rin as a stand in for Darkspace Rin in a Noh army if you didn't have the original model. The only thing I didn't see replacements for are some other limited edition sold out models in the store. There was a Questing Knight Kisa, Aryu Beat, among others that don't really have a reasonable stand in. Maybe that means they are getting new models?

I'm really hoping to back the Kickstarter, but I'm worried about exclusives. We've started to see some creep into the recent Way of the Fighter one, so I hope we don't see any in this one. I hope there is a minimum pledge to get any exclusive or limited edition models if there are some. Ideally I'd like to pick up the models piecemeal as I can.

January 27th, 2017, 3:40 am
Minion

I'll definitely be backing for rulebooks and new units, possibly for the new sculpts if they're included. I would also rather they avoided exclusives if possible.

Really keen to see how the new rules have turned out, I did some test games when the 1.5 rules first hit and my entire group had serious issues with them, but we couldn't find time to test the updated version, so none of us have seen anything since those first changes. Fingers crossed they ironed out the kinks.

January 27th, 2017, 10:36 am
Denizen

Ok SPM, you have my attention.

You also have my heartfelt desire to give you money XD

January 27th, 2017, 4:40 pm
Bottle Cap

I was just about to order the rulebook when the announcement about 2nd edition came out. I guess I'm saving a bit of tax money for that. (And some terrain, naturally!)

January 27th, 2017, 9:56 pm
Mini-Boss

Ayu Beat is becoming a full-on knight, but most of the other original limited edition figures will be harder to proxy, I agree.

January 28th, 2017, 2:47 am
Ninja Corps

Yeah, Ayu's becoming a Relic Knight, her Relic looks like a concert stage on legs which are also speaker stacks.
I'd still like to have her original model, though.

January 28th, 2017, 4:56 am
Bottle Cap

This looks excellent. I need to finish painting my RK. Will back the kickstarter either way.

January 28th, 2017, 9:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2