View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 25th, 2017, 2:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Darkspace Calamity Battle Deck Q 
Bottle Cap

Do I need one per player, or one in total?

Thinking of grabbing the book on Monday, would like the correct deck (or number of) cards too. So I can start learning.
Going to grab some starter sets in a few weeks time, with Armada and another wave of Xwing on the way I'm broke :) So baby steps.

Really just curious is I'll need 1 or 2 decks for play.

Most likely start with Cersi speed circuit and Noh empire sets, they look pretty fun.

Ah, one more Q, saw a review and I am wondering who the girl on page 224 is and what faction she belongs to, cheers! :D

February 19th, 2015, 2:11 pm
Bottle Cap

You need 2 card decks; every deck is the same, you can't modify it, and its used for all factions.
You find one deck on every starter set so-if you plan to buy one, don't buy the deck on its own-its included.
As for the girl-you mean cola i bet! She's a relic knight-a "leader" for prismatic faction-aka if you field her you can include unique characters from all the 3 "good"factions(cerci, shattered sword and doctrines).

Relic knight Gallery!

February 19th, 2015, 2:53 pm
Ninja Corps

tinfish wrote:
Do I need one per player, or one in total?

Thinking of grabbing the book on Monday, would like the correct deck (or number of) cards too. So I can start learning.
Going to grab some starter sets in a few weeks time, with Armada and another wave of Xwing on the way I'm broke :) So baby steps.

Really just curious is I'll need 1 or 2 decks for play.

1 Deck per player. However, be aware the faction Battle Boxes (what I believe you mean by starter sets) each include one full Esper Deck complete with scenario and play aid cards, along with the model/unit cards. So, you need not buy any card decks unless you are piecing together a faction without the Battle Box.

Another reason to buy Battle Boxes for your factions is because they also include faction tokens and a dashboard which greatly enhance play! All for less than the models would cost separately. ;)

tinfish wrote:
Most likely start with Cersi speed circuit and Noh empire sets, they look pretty fun.

Can't go wrong with either one. They are both very fun but play very differently.

tinfish wrote:
Ah, one more Q, saw a review and I am wondering who the girl on page 224 is and what faction she belongs to, cheers! :D

At work right now, book is at home so I can't answer this until later tonight.

February 19th, 2015, 2:54 pm
Ninja Corps

Aedesyr wrote:
You need 2 card decks; every deck is the same, you can't modify it, and its used for all factions.
You find one deck on every starter set so-if you plan to buy one, don't buy the deck on its own-its included.
As for the girl-you mean cola i bet! She's a relic knight-a "leader" for prismatic faction-aka if you field her you can include unique characters from all the 3 "good"factions(cerci, shattered sword and doctrines).

Ninja'd me, lol. However, I think you mean Candy. Cola is her Cypher. But once again, not by my book.

February 19th, 2015, 2:58 pm
Minion

A good reference for this is going to be the Media page. There you can find the cards so you know what each deck is supposed to have in it. This was great for me last week when I was demoing and left the table for a bit; by the time I got back the peeps had mixed the two decks together! *headdesk*

February 19th, 2015, 3:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Moderator Ninja

TyraeKlouds wrote:
A good reference for this is going to be the Media page. There you can find the cards so you know what each deck is supposed to have in it. This was great for me last week when I was demoing and left the table for a bit; by the time I got back the peeps had mixed the two decks together! *headdesk*

Each color has 6 primaries and 6 secondaries. The secondaries are split between the two neighboring colors.

For instance there are 6 cards with a green primary esper. Of those 6 cards 3 of them have blue secondaries and 3 of them have yellow secondaries.

There are 3 wilds and 3 voids in each deck.

February 19th, 2015, 3:58 pm
Ninja Corps

Jestor wrote:
TyraeKlouds wrote:

Each color has 6 primaries and 6 secondaries. The secondaries are split between the two neighboring colors.

For instance there are 6 cards with a green primary esper. Of those 6 cards 3 of them have blue secondaries and 3 of them have yellow secondaries.

There are 3 wilds and 3 voids in each deck.

Yeah, I've had to sort decks quite a few times myself. so, it is nice that there's really just 3 of each card. In my case, it's usually subtle, like they discard a hand into he wrong players discard or something once, so the decks are only slightly messed up. :P

As for Candy (the knight talked about earlier), she is part of the "radiant" faction. This, along with the void faction, are special factions encompassing several colors at once. If you use Candy as your knight, you're allowed to use models from Cerci, Doctrine and Shattered Sword to build your team. But, you are limited to the unique units in those factions. You're not allowed to use anything designated a "minion". Similarly, Harbonath (the void knight) can use models from Noh, Black Diamond and the Star Nebula with the same restrictions. The radiant and void uniques (Cordelia and Amelial respectivly) however, may be used in any of their respective related faction's teams. So, Coedelia Clean could be used in a cadre lead by Cerci, Shattered Sword or Doctrine and could also be used in a cadre lead by Candy, as well.

February 19th, 2015, 5:57 pm
Bottle Cap

Thanks all. Especially for saving me some money on those cards :)

February 19th, 2015, 9:48 pm
Bottle Cap

Cool Breeze wrote:
Ninja'd me, lol. However, I think you mean Candy. Cola is her Cypher. But once again, not by my book.

My bad!
Anyway yes, she's Candy, and there was a special edition mini in the same exact pose of the quoted image.
Dunno if its still for sale or not.
The "regular" version shows her on a sorta giant mecha with a cola bottle as the cannon.

Relic knight Gallery!

February 20th, 2015, 8:34 am
Bottle Cap

Humm, any UK stores actually listing Cerci Speed Circuit Battle Box as in stock? Waylands 3-9 days tends to mean 1 month then get your order cancelled :) Firestorm are listing it as OOS with manufacturer, Element and Dark Sphere don't sell any Relic Knights. And Amazon uses "UK" very loosely it seems, don't fancy coughing up £10 for shipping from the USA.

Edit.
Never mind, I found it. I also didn't realise that starters include rules, I think I'll grab the Noh and Cersi starters and get the rulebook in a week or two instead.

February 20th, 2015, 10:13 pm
Bottle Cap

Just a quick comment on keeping esper decks sorted, as I'll be playing at home with my girls (10 & 8) as well, I've bought the RK themed sleeves for each factions deck. Makes sorting a breeze. :)

February 21st, 2015, 2:15 am
Ninja Corps

Urban Gargoyle wrote:
Just a quick comment on keeping esper decks sorted, as I'll be playing at home with my girls (10 & 8) as well, I've bought the RK themed sleeves for each factions deck. Makes sorting a breeze. :)

Brilliant! Although I've found most image-backed sleeves fall apart at the seams over time. Quicker on decks which get shuffled. How are your sleeves holding up? Over what time frame? How often played?

February 24th, 2015, 6:52 pm
Minion

I've been slowly converting the magic players in my area and they all seem to swear by Dragon Shield sleeves; easy to shuffle and the most durrable is what they're saying. They're a bit more pricey than other sleeves I guess but, they come in every colour we RK peeps would need!

I'm thinking of picking up a pack for each faction.

February 24th, 2015, 10:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ninja Corps

TyraeKlouds wrote:
I've been slowly converting the magic players in my area and they all seem to swear by Dragon Shield sleeves; easy to shuffle and the most durrable is what they're saying. They're a bit more pricey than other sleeves I guess but, they come in every colour we RK peeps would need!

I'm thinking of picking up a pack for each faction.

They are what I use exclusively. I should have bought stock in them, considering how many I've bought. They are awesome. Equally good for the cards you have to mark with dry erase markers as they are for shuffling.

But I would try the RK ones if they hold up. Reviews on amazon aren't promising, but I'd like to hear from those who use them for RK, not MtG.

February 25th, 2015, 3:52 am
Ninja Corps

They are like all ultra pro sleeves. I only use sleeves for all cards except the Esper deck. I hate sleeves for shuffling and for cards that I have in my hand. It's OK for cards that only get slid around on the table (but that's purely personal preference), and necessary for cards that you have to mark. If an Jesper deck gets worn I simply get a new one...

February 25th, 2015, 9:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]