View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 17th, 2018, 6:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Tales of the Ninja, Vol. 1, Issue 1, Now Available 
Ninja Corps

Volume 1, Issue 1, of Tales of the Ninja is now available.

We are looking for contributing artists and authors who can help make the magazine better. If you have any stories, ideas, etc, please let us know.

We are also looking for constructive criticism so we can always improve.

Thank you to the community for making this possible!

http://talesoftheninja.com/tales-ninja- ... available/

"My wife lets me keep all of the miniatures she doesn't know about."

September 16th, 2014, 10:31 pm
Minion

Oh wow, it's like our very own 'White Dwarf'. A few misspellings here and there, but this is top notch stuff.

I don't understand how 'volumes' come into magazines though, isn't it just issues?

September 16th, 2014, 11:20 pm
Minion

Red Mage wrote:
Oh wow, it's like our very own 'White Dwarf'. A few misspellings here and there, but this is top notch stuff.

I don't understand how 'volumes' come into magazines though, isn't it just issues?

Volumes usually denote a series has been restarted, so every series if it is brand new is volume one. If it stops then restarts then it would be volume 2.

September 16th, 2014, 11:23 pm
Ninja Corps

Artist here, I am definitely up for doing something.

Super Dungeon Explore: http://www.reddit.com/r/Super_Dungeon_Explore/

Relic Knights: http://www.reddit.com/r/Relic_Knights/

September 18th, 2014, 4:07 am
Bottle Cap

The painter's tape is particularly genius and I will be using that on our table as well :D

September 18th, 2014, 4:43 am
Ninja Corps

skinrarb wrote:
Artist here, I am definitely up for doing something.

Awesome! Send me a PM or message me at admin@talesoftheninja.com. If I don't hear from you, I will be sending a PM your way!

Sorry on the spelling errors. I missed them in editing. Doing my best!

My personal goal for issue 2 is to make it more visually appealling.

Did the magazine seem too short or was the length fine? I wanted a couple more articles, but we decided not to over do it.

September 21st, 2014, 8:24 pm
Minion

The size is fine for a first issue. Start small and work up, you'll have more editors and more readers later on for the bigger stuff.

September 22nd, 2014, 5:28 am
Minion

It looked good, but some more pictures to break up the wall of text would be nice!

September 24th, 2014, 5:11 pm
Ninja Corps

Astraeos wrote:
It looked good, but some more pictures to break up the wall of text would be nice!

Definitely! The intro to painting article was a big one with nothing visual as well as a couple others, but we'll continue to make improvements and take all the suggestions to heart.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

September 24th, 2014, 8:54 pm
Ninja Corps

Hi everyone,

We are accepting submissions for issue # 2 if anyone is interested. The deadline is October 10th.

September 26th, 2014, 7:43 pm
Moderator Ninja

varagon wrote:
Hi everyone,

We are accepting submissions for issue # 2 if anyone is interested. The deadline is October 10th.
Do you have a planned release schedule? (e.g. quarterly, bimonthly, other?)
I don't think I could whip up something by the 10th, but I might look at having something ready to submit for a later edition.

September 26th, 2014, 10:09 pm
Denizen

I may start submitting things as well, just not sure what. I might just call my forced movement tactica done and start submitting scenarios of abuse (with pics of models) to showcase it. could be a fun little addition.

The Noh Empire is not a melee-centric force.

September 27th, 2014, 5:27 pm
Ninja Corps

We are releasing every two months with the deadline around the 10th (Typically a Friday) of the month before. So, we released in September, submissions will be due on the 10th of October for a November release. We can work with you on the deadline if need be. Just let us know.

Release schedule is as follows, with planned releases the second week of the months below:
September
November
January
March
May
July
September

@Kias Metres- Even if the article isn't "done," we can work with you to make it ready for publication. Send it in and we can work on it together if need be.

September 28th, 2014, 2:27 am
Bottle Cap

Hi Varagon,

I'm sorry that I missed the Oct. 10th deadline. Just found out about your newsletter yesterday. I believe that I might have something worth submitting for the Nov. or Jan. edition. I am responsible for the post currently going on the Relic Knight RPG discussion boards. In short I have been working with other fans to create a RPG for Relic Knights. It started out as a small topic that exploded with 1214 views and 66 (almost 5 pages) replies. Our poll shows that about 85% of the Relic Knights gaming community would like to see it come to fruition along with RPG organized play for it as well.

Reason I am contacting you besides thinking it would be a interesting read in the Ninja Newsletter is, I am looking to get the game published by Sodapop / Ninja Division if possible. This would make the game a official product. If I can get the game looked at and verified for publishing in the next couple months I would love to offer a printable demo kit in your Ninja Newsletter. Players could print out the pregen characters, maps, plot and give the game a quick shot to see if it would be something they would like to get later. With them picking up the RPG book after it is published they could make their own characters / adventures.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter.

From one Relic Fan to another,
James aka Fireaspect

October 21st, 2014, 6:51 am
Profile YIM
Minion

I think a little page of 'print & play' terrain would be awesome for each issue. I imagine it being, if it were a physical magazine, a sheet of light card stock binded to the back page. Each month has one piece of unique terrain for one of Ninja's games that can be printed on a standard 8"x11.5" sheet of paper.

Main reason being is, I think a lot of us have fantasy terrain (grass, trees, castle walls, village homes...) or a place to go that has a load of it but, not much in the way of sci-fi or modern day terrain that I think Relic Knights looks best on (in my opinion). So, It's be cool to see stuff like that.

I know I could go to other sites for it but, why not make it a part of the community?

October 21st, 2014, 9:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ninja Corps

Fireaspect wrote:
Hi Varagon,

I'm sorry that I missed the Oct. 10th deadline. Just found out about your newsletter yesterday. I believe that I might have something worth submitting for the Nov. or Jan. edition. I am responsible for the post currently going on the Relic Knight RPG discussion boards. In short I have been working with other fans to create a RPG for Relic Knights. It started out as a small topic that exploded with 1214 views and 66 (almost 5 pages) replies. Our poll shows that about 85% of the Relic Knights gaming community would like to see it come to fruition along with RPG organized play for it as well.

Reason I am contacting you besides thinking it would be a interesting read in the Ninja Newsletter is, I am looking to get the game published by Sodapop / Ninja Division if possible. This would make the game a official product. If I can get the game looked at and verified for publishing in the next couple months I would love to offer a printable demo kit in your Ninja Newsletter. Players could print out the pregen characters, maps, plot and give the game a quick shot to see if it would be something they would like to get later. With them picking up the RPG book after it is published they could make their own characters / adventures.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter.

From one Relic Fan to another,
James aka Fireaspect

I sent you a PM Fireaspect. Thanks for the interest!

October 22nd, 2014, 3:47 am
Ninja Corps

TyraeKlouds wrote:
I think a little page of 'print & play' terrain would be awesome for each issue. I imagine it being, if it were a physical magazine, a sheet of light card stock binded to the back page. Each month has one piece of unique terrain for one of Ninja's games that can be printed on a standard 8"x11.5" sheet of paper.

Main reason being is, I think a lot of us have fantasy terrain (grass, trees, castle walls, village homes...) or a place to go that has a load of it but, not much in the way of sci-fi or modern day terrain that I think Relic Knights looks best on (in my opinion). So, It's be cool to see stuff like that.

I know I could go to other sites for it but, why not make it a part of the community?

Hi TyraeKlouds!

That sounds like a wonderful idea. I wonder if we have anyone in the community who can do such a thing? I don't have the skills, unfortunately, nor does anyone who is helping out with the magazine, but I would LOVE to include something like that.

October 22nd, 2014, 3:48 am
Minion

I've done some graphic design work for The Zeitgeist Movement in IL, creating posters, banners, fliers, that sort of thing. I think I could help with page layout and make the articles pop some with some graphics and just general layout. If you don't have anything planned for this, maybe I can try my hand at it for issue 3?

November 1st, 2014, 5:30 am
Profile YIM WWW
Ninja Corps

TyraeKlouds wrote:
I've done some graphic design work for The Zeitgeist Movement in IL, creating posters, banners, fliers, that sort of thing. I think I could help with page layout and make the articles pop some with some graphics and just general layout. If you don't have anything planned for this, maybe I can try my hand at it for issue 3?

That would be great. Ill send you a message and we can coordinate.

November 2nd, 2014, 5:55 pm
Minion

Excellent! I've already emailed Soda Pop and Ninja for any hi-res graphics they might have available to use aside from what's found in the site so, soon as I hear back from them I'll get shifted into gear. I couldn't find an email address for Cypher Studios at all; that was kinda weird...

November 2nd, 2014, 6:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next