View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 11th, 2017, 12:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Ekhis is on a 40mm base and the Librarian is on a 50mm 
Minion

I think it'd be easy enough to just say there was a mistype and the librarian is supposed to be on 40 and Ekhis on 50. Our bad, guys. Pretty simple.

November 12th, 2014, 6:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Mini-Boss

TyraeKlouds wrote:
I think it'd be easy enough to just say there was a mistype and the librarian is supposed to be on 40 and Ekhis on 50. Our bad, guys. Pretty simple.

Not that simple. The individual Librarian is packed with a 50mm base.

November 12th, 2014, 8:13 pm
Minion

Dais wrote:
TyraeKlouds wrote:

Not that simple. The individual Librarian is packed with a 50mm base.

Ohhhh...yeah, that changes things a bit. I didn't realize. -D

I've known about this for a good month or so at least and I still haven't bothered switching mine around, lol. Then again, I don't ever plan on playing in tournaments or anything so, Librarian will be 40 and Ekhis 50 for me. -D

November 12th, 2014, 8:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bottle Cap

Jestor wrote:
Mine's on a 40mm base and he looks fine. He is no worse then my Gladiators were in my Skorne army :)

I've played against Skone. Your argument is invalid, because Kisa. :mrgreen:

November 12th, 2014, 9:27 pm
Moderator Ninja

I honestly don't get what the issue is. They have said they want it one way but have given in and said people can do it the other way if they want. It's like the best of the world for everyone.

November 13th, 2014, 4:11 pm
Denizen

Jestor wrote:
I honestly don't get what the issue is. They have said they want it one way but have given in and said people can do it the other way if they want. It's like the best of the world for everyone.

I think the issue is that the 'fix' / allowing people to use either 40mm or 50mm creates more problems...the proper solution would have been to issue 50mm bases to everyone needing one, and NOT pretend like all of the game testing, beta material and current official documentation that has Ekhis on a 50mm base doesn't exist...simply putting out a FAQ saying 40mm doesn't cut it and stinks like a CMoN move.

November 13th, 2014, 4:57 pm
Moderator Ninja

The problem I see there is that people would then get upset if they had already glued theirs and painted it up. This solution should please all parties involved. There hasn't really been a situation for me (I play Doctrine) where I thought I could do something if only I had mounted my Ekhis on a 50mm base.

November 13th, 2014, 7:32 pm
Denizen

Jestor wrote:
The problem I see there is that people would then get upset if they had already glued theirs and painted it up. This solution should please all parties involved. There hasn't really been a situation for me (I play Doctrine) where I thought I could do something if only I had mounted my Ekhis on a 50mm base.

The problem I see is that I had already painted and based my resin original on a 50mm, the card and book text both list it as a 50mm and the only reason for the whole 40mm debate is that there was a mispack by CMoN and for some reason, it was not corrected in the same way as the missing torsos / twisted Valeria foot.

November 13th, 2014, 7:37 pm
Ninja Corps

Jestor wrote:

My worry is that people will take it as a sign that Soda Pop is wishy-washy about their own rules, and may allow players to bend them instead of maintaining a strong "X means X and only X" standpoint that pretty much any game needs. Whether they take that to mean Relic Knights is a game they can exploit or a game they don't want to play depends on the person, but either way, it'll hurt the community.

I yanked Ekhis off of his 50mm base when the errata came out, and I'd be perfectly willing to yank him off his 40mm base and put him back on a 50mm. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that a given model will have only one appropriate base size. Heck, tell us he goes on an 80mm now! Just pick a base size, one base size, and tell us that's what's right for Ehkis.

November 13th, 2014, 8:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4