View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 25th, 2017, 8:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The game mechanics being copied by FFG in Legion? 
Minion

So reading on the FFG explanation of legion turn order it immediately reminded me of RK2.0+ . I understand that there are no copy rights to these game mechanics, but I will say the Legion mechanics seem better at a glance. They are very similar though.

August 18th, 2017, 9:13 pm
Denizen

Giving their rules a quick glance, it looks like SW:Legion has different limitations on how units are activated. I think the idea of being able to draw for a random activation is interesring, but I likewise don't like how such random activations will mess planning...

August 19th, 2017, 12:00 am
Ninja Corps

It seems like a fairly standard alternating-activation system, from what I can tell. Like Bolt Action, Heavy Gear Blitz, Infinity, or any number of other games. The allocation of command tokens and random activations for units without tokens is odd, I wonder why they did that.
Use of a movement and range tools, as well as custom dice, is very... Fantasy Flight.

August 21st, 2017, 3:20 pm
Denizen

If it didn't have custom dice, it wouldn't be Fantasy Flight (or SPM, for that matter, lol).

The real test will be how all of the elements they are adding to the tabletop model work as a whole. It will have an audience simply because of the property, but the mechanics will determine adoption. And of course the fact that it is SW will probably turn some people off as well.

August 21st, 2017, 4:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]