View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2017, 2:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 New to Relic Knights, not sure where to start. 
Bottle Cap

I just found Relic Knights and I'm very interested in jumping in. I saw a kickstarter recently closed. I'm not sure if I could late pledge and if so, would I benefit from the Kickstarter? If not, how would you go about getting into this cool game knowing what you currently know?

Also, is this the best/ most popular place for all things Relic Knights? Not a lot of action over at BGG.

Thanks!

June 14th, 2017, 5:59 pm
Denizen

https://www.facebook.com/groups/737168529637265 is the "global" Facebook group, and there are regional ones as well.

If you can still get a late pledge, I would highly recommend it - the Starter will be a great way to learn, and the units included will give you a good start for building toward any faction, as they are from the 'mercenary' affinities. Getting a Knight (Questing or Relic) level pledge will give you a couple of units for each faction, and adding in one of the faction Relic/Questing Knights (the leaders of your cadre) will get you going in that faction.

I wouldn't invest too heavily in the 1.5 rules, but if you want to buy some of the currently available stuff and start testing the 2.0 rules, that's a great place to start - new eyes on those rules will help, and they're pretty solid, so I wouldn't expect any major changes going forward.

We'll be happy to answer any questions you have, either here or on FB. Though if you do decide to help test the new rules (or even just start reading them), please post any questions in the beta forum, so that the devs can quickly see if there are any comprehension issues :)

June 14th, 2017, 6:21 pm
Bottle Cap

I am currently tempted to pledge the late pledge, but am unsure what the two factions in the starter set are. I heard there are six factions, but those two aren't one of them, let's say I want to play black diamonds, what can I use from those starter set miniatures?

August 1st, 2017, 11:09 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

The starter set has one Void and one Radiant faction. These two factions act as mercenaries, each being able to be used with three of the 'main' factions*.

Void units can join Black Diamond, Noh Empire, or Star Nebula Corsairs cadres.
Radiant units can join Doctrine, Shattered Sword, or Cerci Speed Circuit cadres.

Additionally, if you want to play a Void or Radiant force, you can use Hero units from the aligned factions for a diverse cadre.

*There are a couple of rules for building your cadres that limit which types of units can be recruited based on your leader. Specifically for your question, Two of the four units in the Void cadre from the starter can be recruited into a Black Diamond force, and any Black Diamond hero can be added into the Void force in the starter.

August 1st, 2017, 12:02 pm
Bottle Cap

Thanks for the info, is there a list who can be in void or radiant cadre? I am currently looking what to pledge and am choosing between, void, radiant or black diamond.

August 2nd, 2017, 6:46 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Uc_ ... EFlMjl5dHc is the most recent beta packet at the time of this post. Unit stat cards are broken down by faction.

Radiant Cadres can include all Radiant units, as well as any Hero unit from Doctrine, Shattered Sword, and Cerci.
Void Cadres can include all Void units, as well as Heroes from Noh, Black Diamond, and Star Nebula.
Black Diamond Cadres can include any Black Diamond Unit, as well as any Void unit with the exception of Void Knight or Avatar units.

Knights and Avatars are a special kind of Hero, though you can only recruit a second if you're playing 70pt+ games. The Knight/Avatar you chose as your leader determines your cadre's faction alignment. If you include a Void or Radiant Knight/Avatar, you must designate that unit as your leader, making your cadre Void or Radiant.
Non-Radiant/Void minions may only be recruited by their faction. (Cyphers are an exception here, since they are not directly recruited, instead they are always included with their knight.)

I hope that helps.

August 2nd, 2017, 2:48 pm
Minion

Is the new version really going to be competitive? I backed the version 1.0 kickstarter 5 years ago and the minis have pretty much sat in the box since then. It took the gamers less than a week to completely break the game; I'd really like all this plastic lying in storage to see use, whether that's with me playing them or selling them off so someone else can get use out of them.

August 6th, 2017, 7:59 pm
Denizen

Celtkhan wrote:
Is the new version really going to be competitive? I backed the version 1.0 kickstarter 5 years ago and the minis have pretty much sat in the box since then. It took the gamers less than a week to completely break the game; I'd really like all this plastic lying in storage to see use, whether that's with me playing them or selling them off so someone else can get use out of them.

I feel that 2.0 is currently much better balanced than 1.0 was in a number of important ways. Between abilities being retooled, factions being given clearer identities, and scenarios being balanced, the game plays much better. I wholeheartedly believe the game has the potential to take off in competitive circles, but that will depend on promotion as much as balancing the gameplay.

August 7th, 2017, 3:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]