View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 25th, 2017, 8:26 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 A brave new world 
Denizen

I just finsihed my first read through of the new rules document for Relic Knights, and I'm pretty impressed and excited at the new direction taken by the game devs.

The loss of held esper as a mechanic doesn't phase me as much as I thought it would, as the activate and draw is a fine substitute (though I'd like to see some bigger numbers, drawing a card or two before acting isn't going to help set up the activation as much as it could, and the game could drag out if players simply can't pay for their actions or presses consistently. I'd recommend unleashing that EP stat and seeing how crazy it can get).

Changing the former drawing then paying for the action mechanic to flip, is a little less forgiving I think. Has thought been given to allowing the player to keep some of the flipped cards by replacing them with cards in their hand rather than having to discard them completely? Economy of esper is a huge part of the game, especially since each faction universally cares most about their identity color, and no longer being able to spend held esper as a color of any at will means actions will be less consistent to pay for. Seeing that you discard then try to pay for presses will make them a much bigger burdeon on the hand as well, should the revealed cards stay until the entire action is payed for? I think that this will change the economy of the game to a huge degree, I think this is a positive, but perhaps more card draw mechanics need to be added as the most common has been removed.

The activation queue shift is one of the biggest changes, and I'll have to see how it actually plays out before passing judgement, but I love the idea.

And cover is much easier to gain and interact with, glad to see it changed.

Overall I think this is a fantastic direction for the game to be moving, and I'm looking forward to seeing those battle reports (would love for SP to make a quick video like they did for the Kickstarter demonstrating a quick turn).

May 26th, 2017, 3:42 pm
Employee

Thanks for the feedback! We made a playtest forum though, would love to see this there: viewforum.php?f=54

If you want to c/p that's cool. I'd move it but then you may not see it.

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

May 26th, 2017, 7:44 pm
Denizen

Thanks for letting me know, I made a new thread over there ^_^b

May 29th, 2017, 1:57 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]