View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 18th, 2017, 9:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Noob. Difference to 1st to 2nd Edition 
Bottle Cap

Hello,

What are the difference to 1st to 2nd Edition.
Sculpts, Material or give it only miniatures that availability is only in the 1st Efition

Cheers

April 17th, 2017, 3:01 pm
Denizen

The primary difference will be gameplay, updated rules mechanics, new stats for all existing units.

As for the models themselves, the majority of 1e models were done in plastic, with a few recent models in resin. All figures going forward will be in resin, and the majority of the 1e line will be re-released in resin. This will mean resculpting for almost all of the units. As of right now, there are two units from 1e that cannot be reproduced due to license agreements (The two Penny Arcade Questing Knights), and there are a handful of units that were released in metal before the game officially launched that have no solid confirmation of re-release (Ayu Beat, QK Kisa, Suicide Queen, various versions of Candy, and the 1e Darkspace units)

If you have 1e models, you can get an "upgrade deck" as part of the KS or at retail that will have the 2.0 stats for all 1e units. Most of the plastic line is just fine in terms of scale and quality, but due to SPM not having final approval of the original line, there are some units that had issues. For the most part, if you wanted to buy some of the currently available stuff, I'd say go for it unless you're bothered by having things in different material. Additionally, depending on the faction/units that interest you, it could be that the plastics are just fine (i.e. Noh Empire units held their detail really well due to their larger size).

If being out of scale would bother you, the units to absolutely avoid are the Prefects (Doctrine) and Swordsworn (Shattered Sword). There are a few others that were also on the smallish side, but not as obvious as those two (I'm sure other people can list more, but those are the two that stood out the most to me, the rest of the scale issues didn't bother me personally too much).

For quality, a number of faces, especially female faces, suffered due to the issues with plastic, since it often contracts as it hardens. Small details were often lost that could make painting harder on some models. (But detail overall was decent, given the size and material.)

If you have questions on specific units, let us know!

(TL:DR - If you can be patient and/or price isn't a factor, waiting for the resin releases will give you the best quality models. If you want to start playing/testing now, or if cost is a concern, the plastics are 100% playable, and for the most part still great models.)

April 17th, 2017, 3:55 pm
Bottle Cap

Many thanks. Can you send me your email adress.

April 17th, 2017, 4:31 pm
Bottle Cap

A list or so was good what for units that give it not im the 2nd.

April 17th, 2017, 5:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]