View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 16th, 2018, 7:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 New Player 
Denizen

Hey Y'all;

So Im basically a soda pop junkie. I have SDE, SD legends completionist pledge, RRI, SD Arena, Ninja All Stars. I've always wanted to get into relic knights, but never knew a good point to jump in. Seems like a good time with the kickstarter going.

Just wanted to find out from people overall play experience and enjoyment of the game. It seems like you don't need much to play, which for me is a huge plus as I have too much Warmachine and Hordes, hahaha.

Also, was really eyeing a void army. Thoughts on that?

Anyway, just saying hi, looking to get a feel of what to expect, people's favorite models, etc..

-Drew

February 28th, 2017, 10:46 am
Minion

Going with Radiant or Void gives you a lot of freedom to mix it up with your cadres. You can grab hero units from any of the three factions that fall under their alliance (Cerci, Shattered Sword and Doctrine for Radiant; Black Diamond, Noh Empire and Corsairs for Void). My recommendation, unless you've got friends who are playing already, would be to go for the 2 player starter box. It'll give you a chance to get a feel for both sides of the army, and a mix of units from all factions (based on currently announced/unlocked stretch goals), so you can get a better idea of what you want to settle into as you keep playing. Plus it'll mean you've got a second army for friends to use (that's how I roped my friends in, I kept a second cadre to teach them how to play).

February 28th, 2017, 1:43 pm
Minion

The starter pledge doesn't get the stretch goals does it ?

February 28th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Denizen

I went full in on highest pledge.

In addition I just picked some Cerci Speed Circuit stuff for cheap on Ebay, models I really liked even if just to paint.

I pretty much want everything lol.

February 28th, 2017, 5:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]