View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 15th, 2018, 11:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Spring Break with the Relic Knights crew 
Minion

Originally, this was an idea for the "Random Soda Pop Stories" topic, but has sort of spun off into it's own thing. This is going to be a series of short skits and pictures about the Relic Knights characters going on vacation to a beach side resort. Here's the first two pictures I'm working on for this...

Malya

Isabeau

And here's the first short story...

Candy: Vacation! *Jumps into the water* Come on in everyone, the water's fine!

*As the rest of the crew enjoy themselves, Malya and Donavon hang back for a moment.*

Malya: You know, this vacation may be the thing we need right now. Kind of a way to clear our heads. Forget about all the troubles going on.

Donavon: You said it, Malya.

Malya: By the way, can you help me with something?

Donavon: Sure. What do you need.

*Malya hands Donavon a bottle of suntan lotion.*

Malya: Can you put some lotion on my back?

*Donavon turns red.*

Donavon: Uh... I... Uh...

Malya: Uh? You okay there?

Donavon: Well... I...

Malya: Well, I guess it is kind of awkward to ask the head of my pit crew to do this. Maybe you would feel more comfortable if I asked someone else?

Candy: Hey, need some help there, Malya?

Malya: Yes, of course. Can you put some lotion on my back?

Rin: Boy, did you blow it Donavon...

Donavon: ...

More to follow. And if you have ideas, let me know. I'll work them in.

April 6th, 2013, 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator Ninja

Loving the sketches, can't wait to see them fleshed out :)

April 7th, 2013, 3:04 am
Minion

Jacob: It's nice to finally get a vacation for once.

Fiametta: Yeah, for now. But I'm surprised they let Togan in.

*Fiametta points over to Codifier Togan, who is... "admiring the view".*

Fiametta: That dirty old man is going to do something that will get us kicked out, I just know it.

Jacob: Yeah, I'd rather not think about it too much, and try to enjoy myself while I still can.

Veronica: There you are, Jacob. Come on, I need you to put lotion on my back.

*Valeria the runs up, and grabs Jacob by the arm.*

Valeria: Hey Jacob! Put lotion on my back!

Veronica: Hey! He's going to put lotion on my back! *Grabs onto Jacob's other arm.*

Valeria: No, ME!

Veronica: No, ME!

*At this point, the two girls are pulling on Jacob's arms in a tug of war.*

Jacob: Guys? A little help here!

Kisa: ...Five bucks says they dislocate his shoulders in five minutes.

Hasami: You're on, and I'll raise you 10.

Fiametta: 15 says 2 minutes, and I'll throw in some catnip.

Jacob: Guys? Guys?!

April 9th, 2013, 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

((Let's help Jacob here before the girls rip his arms out...))

Rin: Donavon, mind if I ask you something?

Donavon: You mean other than why I didn't take Malya up on her offer right away? :oops:

Rin: It's along those lines. I mean, look at you. Your shorts are past your knees, you're wearing a tacky tropical shirt with sleeves going to your wrists, your hair is tied back...

Candy: And the lenses of your glasses are as large as the bottoms of my soda bottles.

Donavon: Your point being..?

Rin: Dude, show off for once. I've seen you without a shirt on.

Donavon: Don't remind me! You know, it's traditional to knock on someone's door before walking in.

Candy: How were we to know you were getting out of the shower? But, hot soda! Your chiseled abs alone will get you noticed.

Donavon: Can we not go over this again?

Rin: Donavon, I know you like Malya, so if you want her to notice you, you need to grow a backbone.

eradose wrote:
Jacob: Guys? Guys?!

Candy: Uh... What's going on over there?

Donavon: Oh boy... Looks like Jacob is in over his head again.

Rin: Former classmate from your days in the Doctrine?

Donavon: Yep... Come on, let's go help him before they dislocate his arms... again.

Rin: And for the record, this isn't over Donavon.

April 11th, 2013, 2:41 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Here's the flat colors on Malya and Isabeau

I'm trying to model Malya's swimsuit after her Relic. I hope I get it right with the colors here. Isabeau has had a bit of shading since this, but it's still a ways off from being done.

And here's the lineart progress on Kisa. This was a bit tricky, but I think I did okay. Three factions down, three to go.

The story will continue soon.

May 6th, 2013, 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

Looks like it is coming along!

May 6th, 2013, 10:09 am
Minion

Got some shading done on Isabeau here.

Have to smudge the edges still, shade the swimsuit, and add shine arcs.

May 8th, 2013, 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

((Before we check back in with The Doctrine, let's see if the Shattered Sword Paladins are around the resort...))

*Sebastian is standing outside the changing tent, already in his swimming trunks.*

Sebastian: Isabeau Durand, do you need assistance in there?

Isabeau: I'm not coming out!

Sebastian: I don't like this either, but Francis Malory insisted that we needed a vacation before we overworked ourselves.

Isabeau: It's not... that. T... turn around.

*Sebastian turns his back to the tent as Isabeau walks out.*

Isabeau: This swimsuit I borrowed from one of the cadets is... embarrassing.

*Sebastian turns around to see Isabeau wearing a swimsuit one size to small for her. His face turns bright red before covering his eyes.*

Sebastian: Uh... I... can see that. Do you wish for me to remedy the situation by finding one that fits better..?

Isabeau: That is not something I can ask my commanding officer to do! Hand me a towel so I can cover up and go to the nearby shop and find one that fits better.

Sebastian: Understood. If you wish, I can accompany you to...

*Isabeau turns bright red as well.*

Isabeau: That won't be necessary! Not to mention that may be inappropriate! Just look after our things until I return.

*Sebastian hands Isabeau a towel, and she hurries off.*

Sebastian: I wonder why she thought it would be inappropriate if I were to accompany her to the store?

May 9th, 2013, 8:08 am
Profile WWW
Minion

((And Isabeau's picture is finished.))

((Now let's see how she gets this swimsuit...))

Isabeau: This is so embarrassing... I feel like this thing is going to snap of any second now... I need to find something that will fit better before anyone sees me like this... :oops:

Candy: Hi there!

Isabeau: GAH! :o Do not scare me like that! :x

Candy: What's with the towel? Are you even wearing anything under there?

Isabeau: I might as well be considering my situation! This swimsuit barely fits! I need something that will fit me better, so if you will excuse me...

Candy: Can I help?

Isabeau: No, I'm perfectly okay...

Candy: Come on, I'll help you pick out something that will look nice on you!

*Candy grabs Isabeau by the wrist and drags her off to the shop before Isabeau could voice any objection.*

May 9th, 2013, 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Here's the progress on Malya's picture...

May 15th, 2013, 5:40 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Here's the link to the finished Mayla picture...
http://fav.me/d69ybzr

Sadly, my Notebook PC is currently not working, so I can't post a resized picture at this time.

July 5th, 2013, 4:45 am
Profile WWW
Minion

*Meanwhile...*

Valeria: No, ME!

Veronica: No, ME!

*Just then, a loud whistle can be heard. Valeria and Veronica let go of Jacob's arms, at look at the source of the sound.*

Donavon: Girls, need I remind you what happened a few years back when you dislocated poor Jacob's arms due to a similar situation?

Jacob: I never thought I'd be so glad to see you again!

Kisa: Well, well well... If it isn't little Donnie Boy. Been about four years since I've seen you last.

Donavon: Could you PLEASE not call me that? It's embarrassing.

*Rin tries her best to hold back her laughter, letting out a small giggle at Donavon's nickname.*

Fiametta: Woah! What happened to your arms there, Don? Even through that large shirt of yours, I can tell you got some major upgrades.

Donavon: Long story. Rather not get into it. All you need to know is that I'm here with my employer, and I'd rather you not mention my past to her, or any of my co-workers.

Hasami: So they don't know you're a bloodsucker yet? Then again, you're only a Dhampir, not a full blooded Vamp.

Rin: Yeah, I keep telling him that he needs to tell Malya about that.

Kisa: So the rumors are true. You are working for Malya's pit crew.

Jacob: Well, he was good at building and fixing things.

Donavon: To which I say, don't cause any trouble. Again, I'd rather not have things become more complicated than they are.

Kisa: Can't promise that. We had to bring Codifier Togan with us.

Donavon: Oh... crud. Why did you have to bring that pervert with you?

Hasami: He's the one paying for this vacation.

Donavon: Figures...

Rin: Say... where did Candy run off to?

Donavon: Huh? She was following us, right?

Fiametta: I think I saw her lead a girl wearing a towel to the swimsuit shop. From the look of her, I think the girl was from the Shattered Sword.

Donavon: The Shattered Sword Paladins are here too?! What's next? The Noa Empire, Black Diamond, and Star Nebula Corsairs also take there vacation here today as well?!

Rin: Please don't say that. I'd rather you not evoke Murphy's Law.

*Elsewhere...*

One Shot: So glad I got some vacation time in. I sure needed it.

July 6th, 2013, 6:22 am
Profile WWW
Minion

((Well, this originally was meant for Spring Break, but now we're all the way into September. Better finish this up before winter sets in...))

*In the swimsuit shop, Isabeau is in the changing room as Candy picks out swimsuits for her to try on...*

Candy: So, how's it fitting?

Isabeau: Why is it that all these swimsuits are in two pieces? I feel almost naked with these.

Candy: That's what a bikini is. But if you wanted a one piece, why didn't you say so? I think I can find you one.

*Candy digs around the racks until she finds a one piece swimsuit.*

Candy: This one looks like it would fit.

*Isabeau reluctantly tries it on.*

Isabeau: Okay, it fits, but isn't there anything less... "showy"?

Candy: What do you mean?

Isabeau: Something with a skirt or anything along those lines...

Candy: Uh... not in your size.

Isabeau: ...Great. I guess this will have to do.

*Just as Isabeau walks out of the changing room, she bumps into someone.

Calico Kate: Arr! Watch where you're going.

*Calico Kate walks out of the swimsuit shop.*

Candy: Hey... Wasn't that Calico Kate?

Isabeau: What are the Star Nebula Corsairs doing here?

Candy: On vacation like the rest of us?

Isabeau: I need to inform Sebastian about this right away!

((And things are getting more complicated... What will happen next? Stay tuned and find out.))

September 3rd, 2013, 4:37 am
Profile WWW
Minion

*Later*

Sebastian: Are you sure it was the Star Nebula Corsairs?

Isabeau: Calico Kate at least. I'm sure of it.

Sebastian: This is troubling... I also think I may have saw a member of the Black Diamond earlier today as well. Can't be sure, but...

Isabeau: The Black Diamond are here too?! What kind of place is this that they'll let just about anyone in here?

Sebastian: Well, since they haven't caused trouble yet, we shouldn't concern ourselves with why they are here. Francis Malory gave us orders to relax and enjoy ourselves, and I'd rather not disappoint him.

Isabeau: How can you relax with the Black Diamond and the Star Nebula Corsairs here?!

Sebastian: I'm trying to, as we are under order to take a vacation for once. But if you wish to scout the area in order to see if they are up to anything, I will allow it. Report back to me if they are indeed up to no good.

Isabeau: Yes sir, Sebastian.

((Poor Isabeau. That girl is going to work herself to death, mark my words.))

September 11th, 2013, 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Dungeon Boss

Nice work so far. It looks like you are using Photoshop (or a comparable program) to do the colors and line art. One thing I would suggest trying - with your brush tool, maybe adjust the feathering of your edge. It's at a weird balance for me personally....where it looks like you've got just the tiniest amount of feathering going on. My personal taste would be to see either a more feathered color blend, or a harder edge...but where it's currently at is just a little strange for me.

September 11th, 2013, 6:13 pm
Minion

((Been far too long. Been quite busy these past few weeks. Let's continue...))

Rin: I told you, didn't I Donavon? I warned you not to say it, and now looked what happened.

Candy: Maybe I shouldn't have said anything...

Donavon: Well, things just keep getting more and more complicated don't they? First the Shattered Sword Paladins, and now Calico Kate of the Star Nebula Corsairs. Maybe I should have opted out of this trip...

Candy: Could be worse. After all...

Rin: Don't say it! You'll only make it worse!

One Shot: Well look at what we have here. Didn't think Malya's minions were here too.

Rin: Who are you calling a "minion"?!

One Shot: Easy up, trigger happy. I'm just striking up conversation. In fact, since you're here, I have a message for Malya. I just ran into Calico Kate and Squall, and we want to challenge some of you to a Volleyball match. We know that there's a member of the Shattered Sword Paladins around here, and it would be a shame to have a 3 on 1 match.

*Just then, Kisa shows up.*

Kisa: So Squall is here too? Been wanting an opportunity to show that little traitor up.

One Shot: And Kisa of the Doctrine? This is too good to be true. So would you be interested in our game then?

Kisa: Bring it on!

One Shot: Good. Make sure to bring Malya and that girl from the Shattered Sword Paladins with you. See you in 15 minutes.

*One shot then takes her leave.*

Candy: ...So, who wants to tell Malya?

Rin: I think Donavon should, with him evoking Murphy's Law like this.

Donavon: You're not going to let this go, are you?

November 5th, 2013, 9:16 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Malya: So One Shot and Calico Kate want to challenge me to a volleyball game, and Kisa will be on my team?

Rin: Yeah, that's about it. Although they want you to find a member of the Shattered Sword Paladins to join you too.

Malya: Well, this dose put a mild damper on our vacation, but I'll accept the challenge. Although it's kind of ironic that all five of us were on vacation at the same time, and in the same place no less.

Candy: Say... Isn't that Isabeau over there? Hey! Over here!

Isabeau: Shhhh! Quiet! I'm working here.

Candy: Working? While on vacation?

Malya: Well, since we found you, could you join us for a volleyball game?

Isabeau: I cannot be bothered with such things. The Star Nebula Corsairs are here, and I know they're up to something.

Rin: Would you change your mind if I told you that it was One Shot, Calico Kate, and Squall who challenged Malya, and they insisted you join our team?

Isabeau: What dark deed is this that the Star Nebula Corsairs and the Black Diamond are working together! I will gladly join your team then!

Rin: (She's taking this way too seriously... Isn't she on vacation like the rest of us?)

November 5th, 2013, 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]