View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 25th, 2018, 5:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Crossing Over (Relic Knights X Kingdom Death fiction) 
Minion

((This was an idea I've been working on. Basically, after the cross-promotional Kingdom Death miniature of Candy and Cola, I though "What would happen if Candy brought someone back from Kingdom Death into the Relic Knights universe?". Well, I chose the female Twilight Knight: Allison (who you may remember from the Pin-Up Twilight Knight miniature, although in this, she would probably look like the recently announced Pin-Up Reversal miniature.) as she might make the easiest transition. Not to mention I am working on a picture to go with this making a Relic Knights style version of Allison (which I will post on Deviantart along with this story and maybe some fan made game stats when finished).

Anyway, enough with the explanation. Let's get on with the story.))

In the place of stone faces, a young woman walks through the darkness. In one hand, a lantern to light her way. In the other, her sword of the Twilight Knight. Her name is Allison, and she has walked this path before. She faces the horrors of her world with a steady sword, and because of it, her mind never truly rests.

Suddenly, she sees another light in the darkness. Another lantern, perhaps held by someone wandering the darkness alone. Allison cautiously approaches the light, knowing that she could wander into an ambush should she not keep her wits about her. As she got closer, she noticed that the light seemed odd. A hint of blue in the light, uncharacteristic with any lantern light she knew.

Just then, a sound all too familiar to Allison could be heard. The roar of a beast. Allison starts to run. Not away from the sound, but at it, and the strange blue light.

As Allison comes to the source of the light, she sees the familiar form of a White Lion. Its eyes wild with hunger. It was looming over a girl, only just shy of Allison’s own age it would seem, with an odd creature perched on her shoulder. Next to the girl is a strange shaped lantern, which was giving off the blue light.

Allison takes her sword, and leaps at the beast, driving the blade deep into its side. The monster roars in pain. Allison wastes no time in drawing her sword out, and swinging it at the lion’s head. A sickening shriek can be heard from the beast as its head is separated from its body. Allison then turns to the strange girl. The girl says something to her, but it is in a language Allison doesn’t understand. But, the girl’s expression says what the words cannot. She was grateful to have been saved.

Just then, another noise can be heard from the darkness. A Phoenix was approaching. Allison quickly motioned for the girl to get up on her feet. But, just as the girl reached for her lantern, the Phoenix swooped down at them. The force of the beast’s massive wings knocked Allison down upon the strange lantern, shattering it.

Allison opens her eyes as she gets back on her feet, and immediately shuts them. The light was blinding. She also noticed that the ground no longer had the stone faces she was so familiar with, nor could she hear the Phoenix nearby. Whatever happened, she was no longer where she once was. She could still hear the girl, but Allison still could not understand her.

As Allison’s eyes adjusted to the light, she saw herself in a strange world. Tall buildings that defied explanation, bright lights in strange patterns, and winding black paths with yellow and white markings along their length. Before Allison could adjust to her surroundings, a large mechanical beast appears before her. Its bright colors were strange to Allison, and it held a lance crackling with energy. On its back was a girl clad in a strange outfit, also brightly colored, and a small creature Allison had never seen before. The girl on the beast spoke to Allison, but Allison could not understand her. It was the same language as the other girl.

The two girls talked for a moment. As they did, the small creature jumped off the back of the mechanical beast, its large ears flopping as it did. It came up to Allison, and touched her with its small paw. Allison felt strange for a moment…

“There. She should understand us now.”

Allison was shocked that not only did the strange creature spoke, but that she understood it.

“Thank you, Mr. Tomn.” the girl says as she climbs off the metal beast, her long blue hair flowing in the wind. Strangely, the end of her hair hard a strange green color to it. When she reaches the ground, she looks at Allison and says, “I am Relic Knight Malya, and this is my Cypher Mr. Tomn. You’ve already met Candy and her Cypher, Cola. So, who might you be?”

This girl didn’t look like any knight Allison has seen before. Her outfit looked like it didn’t offer much protection. Then again, this wasn’t exactly her world to begin with, and she has seen warriors wear far, far less. Hell, she herself has worn far less before.

“Allison.” she says, pushing the fact that she is somehow speaking their language now out of her mind. “Former Messenger of Courage, and Knight of the Twilight Order. I must admit, you are not like any knight I’ve known of, nor have I seen such large metal beasts before.”

Malya is puzzled for a moment before realizing Allison was talking about her Relic.

“Oh!” says Malya, “This is a relic. A mechanic construct we Relic Knights are gifted with, much as we are gifted with our Cyphers.”

“So that would mean your friend here is a knight too.” says Allison, glancing at Candy.

“Not a full Relic Knight yet.” says Candy, “I don’t have my relic yet. And since you can understand me now, thanks again for saving me back there.”

“You should be more careful.” Allison says, “How did you end up in my world to begin with?”

“I’m not really sure…” says Candy, “I’ve been working on my Esper control, focused it on a soda bottle, and sort of opened a rift into your world. Not really sure how I did it…”

“Can you recreate it?” says Allison.

“Don’t really know.” says Candy, “But I’ll try my best so we can send you home.”

Just then, a girl in a gold and orange outfit, with a very large weapon, runs up to them.

“What’s going on, Rin?” says Malya.

“Malya!” says Rin, “The Black Diamond is attacking! Leopold is leading them!”

Allison grabs her sword, and says, “This may not be my world, but until I return, I will give you my aid.”

“Hold on a second!” says Candy, “I know you fight monsters and all, but are you sure about this?”

“I have faced horrors that can break mortal minds.” says Allison, “We Twilight Knights are always ready to fight.”

“Then welcome to the team.” says Malya, “Glad to have you with us.”

Allison may have found herself in a strange world, but wherever she goes, survival is always the same. Sword by her side, she will face this new world in hopes of returning to her own someday.

Last edited by eradose on February 21st, 2013, 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 11th, 2013, 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Well, not perfect, but here's some fan brewed game stats to go with the story...

Twilight Knight Allison
Cerci Speed Circuit Unique

“A Twilight Knight is an expert swordsmen and a surprisingly sturdy melee fighter. Their mind does not truly rest, preventing knights from absorbing the horrors that would cripple others.” ~Adam Poots: Creator of Kingdom Death

Cost: 12 points
Height: 2
Speed: 6-4
Melee Attack: 4-3
Ranged Attack: 1-1
Psychic Ability: 2-3
Esper Points: 2
Health: 15

Human, Twilight Knight, Unique
Armor: 2
Iron Will: Allison is immune to effects that will prevent her from acting, or moving her from the ready slot. She is still subject to forced movement.

Twilight Slash
Tier 1 melee attack: 3 damage
Cost: 2 green espers
Add 1 red esper and 1 green esper: Increase damage by 2

Cleave
Tier 2 melee attack: 5 damage to all models Allison is in base contact with
Cost: 4 Green espers
Add 2 green espers and 1 red esper: Attack cannot be prevented
Add 2 red espers: Increase damage dealt by 2

Parry
Tier 1 block: Attack is blocked
Cost: 3 red espers, 2 green espers
Add 2 green espers and 1 red esper: This is a tier 2 block

All that's left now is the picture...

Last edited by eradose on February 21st, 2013, 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

January 11th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Here's the rough sketch of the picture for this...

Still have a lot to finish. Most of it is just a rough idea, and may change as I finish it.

January 12th, 2013, 5:28 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

eradose wrote:
Well, not perfect, but here's some fan brewed game stats to go with the story...

Twilight Knight Allison

“A Twilight Knight is an expert swordsmen and a surprisingly sturdy melee fighter. Their mind does not truly rest, preventing knights from absorbing the horrors that would cripple others.” ~Adam Poots: Creator of Kingdom Death

Ranged Attack: 0-1
Psychic Ability: 0-1

Iron Will: Allison is immune to effects that will prevent her from acting, or moving her from the ready slot. She is still subject to forced movement.

Twilight Slash
Cost: 2 blue espers
Add 1 red esper and 1 blue esper: Increase damage by 2

Cleave

Parry
Add 2 green espers and 1 blue esper: This is a tier 2 block

First I want to say this is a great cross over and I really liked the story! I hope there is more.......

But I think the esper used for her is off 2 many other colors in there for a Cerci model. The game is supposed to be about management and I think with her using so many other colors I would be able to get things off much easier not only with her but with the whole crew and that it would be op. The other thing is her Physic abilities I think she should have at least a better defense. Though I think with her training it wouldn't be hard for her to learn to use her abilities. As for her ranged I think her defense there would be better as well she would at least be able to get out of the way. Her dodge ability shows that bu her stats do not.

February 20th, 2013, 8:07 pm
Minion

Pride365 wrote:
eradose wrote:

Twilight Knight Allison

Ranged Attack: 0-1
Psychic Ability: 0-1

Twilight Slash
Cost: 2 blue espers
Add 1 red esper and 1 blue esper: Increase damage by 2

Cleave

Parry
Add 2 green espers and 1 blue esper: This is a tier 2 block

First I want to say this is a great cross over and I really liked the story! I hope there is more.......

But I think the esper used for her is off 2 many other colors in there for a Cerci model. The game is supposed to be about management and I think with her using so many other colors I would be able to get things off much easier not only with her but with the whole crew and that it would be op. The other thing is her Physic abilities I think she should have at least a better defense. Though I think with her training it wouldn't be hard for her to learn to use her abilities. As for her ranged I think her defense there would be better as well she would at least be able to get out of the way. Her dodge ability shows that bu her stats do not.

Well, this was the first custom fan profile I made, so at the time, I didn't realize that the stat was used for attack and defense. To be honest, I was thinking that esper wouldn't react the same way with her, being from another universe and all, and the concept of firearms would be strange to her. The stats have been changed for now, and may continue to change as time go on.

As for more, I did toy with the idea of also bringing in White Speaker Nico, or even the Dragon King (in human form). But that would be a bit more tricky to try and work in.

February 21st, 2013, 3:29 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

I meant more of the story. I really liked what you had going. I can totally see her as a relic knight with a cyper maybe a white lion one.......

February 21st, 2013, 3:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]