View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2017, 6:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Glauerdoom Moor: The Rise of The True Necromancer (Prologue) 
Denizen

Hey all, so here is the prologue for an ongoing story Im just writing for fun in excitement for legends. Hope you enjoy. If people like it ill post chapter 1 as soon as possible.

THANKS ALL!!! If nothing else, hopes it helps pass the day.

==================Prologue============================

Screams echoed through the village, “THE UNDEAD ARE COMING!” was a frequent shriek amongst the hysteria. Amongst the madness and panic, a little girl with platinum blonde hair stood in the village square, her eyes and mouth left wide with fear as she watched a rattlebone crawl out of the ground in front of her. It’s skeletal fingers gripping at earth to free itself of its dirt cage, grass and cobble falling off of its large skull as it emerged. Squeezing her small teddy bear tightly, she let out a terrified scream as the Rattlebone’s jaw started snapping at what was to be its first victim. It lunged forward with unholy speed and determination to get the little girl in it's lifeless jaws. Mid-lunge though, a large shining silver shield came crashing through, shattering the rattle bone into many tiny pieces. With a quick turn and loud thud, the large shield was in between the girl and harm’s way. Looking behind her, holding the shield was an older Royal Paladin, his grey hair slicked back, his grey and white beard in a tie extending down his chest.

“Don’t worry. We’ll get you of here.” The man looked fairly decorated, large amounts of filagre covered his armor, his voice deep and steadfast. He let out a grunt as a magical explosion crashed against his shield, “Get to the docks, get to the boats, I’ll cover you lass,” he commanded as he moved his shield and charged the necromancer that sent the green bolt of fire at them. The girl stood for the briefest of moments watching the heroic man charge into the fray. Looking down at her bear, she grabbed its arm with one hand and began running as fast as she could to the docks. By the time she made it there though, the boats were gone or in flames. Looking around she saw a house not engulfed in flame, slightly damaged, but the safest option. Running scared, tears falling from her eyes she ran into the house and hid behind a chair. Holding her stuffed bear tight, she began watching the battle unfold from the cracked window. After what seemed like hours, the older paladin came out from an alley, his face covered in dirt, limping, and dragging a shield in one arm, and a broken sword in another. As he made it to the center of town, he dropped to his knees. The shield and sword falling to his sides. He slowly fell to his back. The girl gasped and ran out to him and shook him.

“Mister, Mister, wake up, you have to get up!” she pleaded with the fallen paladin.

Looking at her, he raised a hand and gently grabbed one of hers, “we won child, the undead have been defeated, Von Drakk has returned to his manor,” he paused as he began to cough, “What is your name?”

“Celeste sir,” she answered as she saw a small red puddle began to form under the man.

“Celeste, you are very brave, braver than most of my own paladins,” he offered a small weak smile. Nodding towards the stuffed bear, “Who is your friend, he looks like a formidable warrior.”

Looking at the dirty and thread bare teddy, she picked it up and held up for the man to see the small bear, “This is Mr. Buttons, He was much braver than I was, he never once screamed.”

The man let out a weak laugh, “Then a paladin he must be. You see child, like Mr. Buttons, paladins, no matter the odds, will run into danger to protect the innocent. He may not have fought, but his steely resolve kept you calm. You two make quite the team, I consider you both very brave.” Taking out a coin from his pouch he handed it to her. “Take this, it is a princess coin. It shall prove what I am about to say to the Paladins of Glauerdoom Moor. I, Lord Sigmund the Fifth, head of the order of Paladins in these parts officially make the two of you squires of our order. For reasons of bravery in the face terror, and kindness in the time of an old man’s passing. Lady Celeste and Lord Buttons, do you accept this honor?”

Nodding she replied softly, “We do Sir Sigmund, we do.”

“Good, now let an old man rest. Find the rest of my order and give them that coin, they will protect you.” Nodding, the little girl’s eyes became glassy with tears. Putting the coin, his broken sword and the newly appointed Lord Buttons on the inside of the tattered shield, she began to drag everything in search of other paladins…

============14 years later==============

A horse in pristine silver armor and purple heraldry stood at the top of the hill beneath darkened skies filled with green fire and lightning. The village below the hill was under siege from the largest undead force Glauerdoom Moor had seen in over a decade. Two other horses trotted up next to the armor clad one. Upon the first was a mage, who’s red robes and hat moved gently with the wind. The second was an elven ranger. The ranger began to speak, “Lady Celeste, my archers are in position, they await your command.”

“As are the mages my Lady, they stand ready.” The mage added.

The armor clad woman sat overlooking the embattled town, her platinum hair held back in a ponytail, and deep scar down her left cheek and over her eye. Unlatching the shield from her back, she took the old shield and slid it onto her left arm and grabbed the horses reins with that hand. Drawing the sword with on old familiar hilt she pointed towards the town, “MY PALADINS!” She shouted at the forty plus mounted paladins behind her, “Far too long has Von Drakk laid fear and terror to these lands. Far too long has he turned our loved ones, our friends, our families into his undead minions. Well no more, today, we send him a message, that WE WILL NOT GIVE IN! WE WILL NOT DIE! WE WILL NEVER REST UNTIL HE IS GONE!” The paladins cheered and roared with approval, “MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE LIGHT! FOR CRYSTALIA! FOR THE LIGHT! FOR LORD SIGMUND!” She screamed and kicked her horse into a full charge, The paladins behind her followed suit, as did her two companions. Arrows flew over their heads towards the undead forces, as well as fire balls from the east. Celeste rode hard and whispered to herself, “No matter the odds, we will protect the innocent.” Looking down for a moment at the small stuffed bear in a tiny suit of armor that was strapped to the side of her saddle, she smirked before releasing a roar of ferocity, a blinding glow emanating from her…

December 20th, 2016, 5:10 pm
Minion

So far it is great. I can't wait to read more. It is fun to read fan made stories from others that love the game as m much as I do. Keep up the good work.

December 21st, 2016, 2:24 am
Denizen

The horses hooves sounded like an oncoming wave crashing agaisnt the rocky shore a steel tide soon to run criminson.

Unfortunately the consul rolled an excellent dice roll to save and a blinding arc of blue lighting flew from von whatshisname finger tips to hit the advancing onslaught with a force that crumpled them to the ground in red glowing heaps. Annihilating the charging paladins in one fell swoop as if they where a child lead soldiers . The air stank of the smell of burning ozone and cooked meat the only sounds the pitiful cries of burned horses and things thast once where men.

MU HA HA HA !

welcome to the meat grinder.

December 21st, 2016, 2:59 am
Denizen

GoblinMage wrote:
So far it is great. I can't wait to read more. It is fun to read fan made stories from others that love the game as m much as I do. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, I like to write stories based on what im enjoying at the moment. Next chapter is already in the works and I hope it continues to entertain people

December 21st, 2016, 11:15 am
Denizen

growlley wrote:
The horses hooves sounded like an oncoming wave crashing agaisnt the rocky shore a steel tide soon to run criminson.

Unfortunately the consul rolled an excellent dice roll to save and a blinding arc of blue lighting flew from von whatshisname finger tips to hit the advancing onslaught with a force that crumpled them to the ground in red glowing heaps. Annihilating the charging paladins in one fell swoop as if they where a child lead soldiers . The air stank of the smell of burning ozone and cooked meat the only sounds the pitiful cries of burned horses and things thast once where men.

MU HA HA HA !

welcome to the meat grinder.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

December 21st, 2016, 11:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]