View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 19th, 2018, 3:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Francis strategist 
Bottle Cap

Am I alone in thinking that Francis has a real weak cadre ability?
He Can't move objectives (I have just realised this)
He can't move unit to any position the unit couldn't have bean placed befor and as all of your opponents stuff is now on the tabel that makes the options limited
As this happens defor the defenc of life condition chooses the defender it removes any potential tactical advantage there

There is a bluff for assassination if your opponent draws it but only if thay deploy for the kill.

I think this and his low Hp and no abilerty to deal with overcharge attacks make him one of the weaker Knights in the game which is a paine as I love the fluf for him.

I think he is fun and not without his uses but find myself thinking he would be 3rd chose whenever playing a more competitive game such as a tournament.

Any thoughts on this welcome

July 13th, 2015, 9:01 am
Mini-Boss

I tend to agree that an exception should be made for Francis when it comes to markers interacting with cadre abilities for the reasons you state. Without it his cadre ability is weak and he isn't especially strong to begin with.

July 13th, 2015, 10:19 am
Ninja Corps

The best application of his ability, to me, is to use your first two unit placements to place the units you'd normally place last. Then, use those placements as nothing buy pure zone denial to your opponent. They don't have to be put in areas that are important for you to hold, but they can be put in areas that are important for you opponent not to be in as no tactical cost to you, ultimately.

It's defiantly not the best cadre ability out there...but it's still decent if you use it properly. It's better than Kasaro-to's still. :P

July 17th, 2015, 7:07 pm
Moderator Ninja

Usagi wrote:
The best application of his ability, to me, is to use your first two unit placements to place the units you'd normally place last. Then, use those placements as nothing buy pure zone denial to your opponent. They don't have to be put in areas that are important for you to hold, but they can be put in areas that are important for you opponent not to be in as no tactical cost to you, ultimately.
That definitely seems to be the greatest strength in the ability - placing squads at the limits of your "deployment area" (9 inches away from enemy objectives/units) can deny a huge amount of area to your opponent.

July 19th, 2015, 6:22 am
Bottle Cap

I agree that there is a strategy to deny your oponent a prime location but this can be at the cost of your own. If you occupied a less advantages location to block an oponent this can force them into a spot that will limit the redeploy of that unit or worse a key location that you would want for your self.

I think for this strategy you would be best using a full sword sworn unit at max coherence to maximise the denyed space making a (math in head so may be wrong) 30x9 stadium Shape of NO, then pull them back to defend a objective.

Will give this a go and see what pain I can corse my friend lol

July 19th, 2015, 6:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]