View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2018, 5:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Opinions on our questing knights ? 
Bottle Cap

Hi!

I am a bit unsure about our questing knights. We want to play a few 35 points without relic knights after our first games with just the boxes. This is ok to say for Noh, Black Diamond and Cersei, but I struggle a bit with this :-).

Amelia seems like the perfect obejct runner with ok speed, her banner ability and flight. On the other hand she has no way to deal damage outside of compel and if I draw one of the kill objectives I get a problem with her.

Francis is also not that slow, but his abilities seem lacking. His melee damage is medcire, his ranged attack has even worse damage. His redirect is too expensive and he seems a bit squishy for a questing knight (especially for this faction).

So choosing between this 2: Which is overall the less worse option ?

March 26th, 2015, 3:52 pm
Mini-Boss

Francis is very squishy and I'd never feel comfortable putting him on the same table as an opposing Relic Knight. If you're only facing QKs then he's more survivable, though he can still find himself on the wrong end of OC attacks.

We haven't had the chance to put Jeanne on the table yet but I do like the look of her. Don't stress too much about the lack of firepower. RK is more about objective running and she looks like she does that very well. I'd definitely want to load her up with esper so I'd deploy her in contact with two Esper Condensers. If you want the absolute best cadre you can put out for SSP then just like with Doctrine, Cordelia is in it. The pair of them loaded with held esper are a scary proposition. They're mobile and attacking them will hurt you more than it hurts them.

March 26th, 2015, 4:30 pm
Ninja Corps

I assume you mean Jeanne Romme in your first bit there. She is absolutely amazing. she faster than basically anything in shattered sword. She flies. She can't drop a token. Next to Suspect 7, she's one of the best objective runners in the game. Honestly, if you draw a kill objective, and your opponent doesn't, you've likely lost already with shattered sword. Their faction objective is so obscenely hard that your opponent is likely to get their points way before you ever get yours. She is an exceptional knight though. Her cadre ability is not all that impressive...but even that can be useful if your opponent wants to try and smash objectives and stuff.

Francis is probably in the meaty middle ground of useful questing knights. He doesn't have an overpowered defense...but even if his regular defense is expensive, it's really scary. It will deter a lot of attacks. Though it is vulnerable to attackers with stealth and stuff. His bigger value is in his ability to boost the maneuverability of, otherwise slow, shattered sword units and to potentially throw the opponent for a loop in their plans. He's not amazing, but he's not too bad either, really.

March 26th, 2015, 4:36 pm
Bottle Cap

Why is the shattered sword objective harder then the others ? Actually during battlebox games I found it one of the easier ones. It only becomes difficutt if you cannot avoid that your opponent uses a knight for his first kill.

So you think I really should get Jeanne then...but then I have to decide what to do with my second Hauer (kick starter boxes were different like it seems and I was so happy, that I found someone who sold me SSP cheap, just to have one more opponent to play with ;-) )

March 27th, 2015, 5:56 pm
Ninja Corps

Navarre has two heads....so,one of each? :P

March 27th, 2015, 6:19 pm
Mini-Boss

The SSP are shafted when it comes to the faction condition. One of three things happens -

1) The opponent wins the game without killing anything
2) The opponent kills an SSP unit to get the eighth VP
3) The opponent makes sure the first casualty is caused by a relic knight

All of which actually or effectively deny the faction condition to SSP.

As for the multiple Navarre problem, my plan is to paint one up for use in an SSP cadre and one in a Radiant cadre.

March 27th, 2015, 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]