View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 19th, 2017, 7:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Designing list 
Bottle Cap

So I have been looking at what I would play at what points a lot and what is bothering me is it seems like the Paragons (my favorite unit for multiple reasons) seem to be horrible at 35 points (what is currently played at my store but will increase as we buy more stuff) but gets better at higher points. Has anyone else found instances similar to this.

October 21st, 2014, 10:12 pm
Ninja Corps

there are a lot of things that gain or lose value based on the point level. Some generic examples might be a linked pair of units is "worth" a lot more in a smaller point game because you can clear your queue every turn and have the same two nits activate every activation. They lose this value in higher point games with longer queues. Conversely, units with knockback gain value in larger point games as it hurts more to have an important unit knocked out of the queue when the line is longer.

Paragons gain value in larger games because they benefit a lot from support from their team. Lower point games have less room for the support, so the paragons see less of their potential. This is a pretty basic part of the meta game. Knowing what units are better at a given point level than another unit, and knowing when that value flips at another point level.

October 21st, 2014, 10:57 pm
Bottle Cap

Have you tried Paragons with Jeanne Romee?

Why not post your 35pt list up for use to look at.

I found Paragons to be very Niche and usually just too expensive for me to take. They have higher armor and more wounds sure, but I could just take another unit of Swordsworn he have Guards and higher damage capabilities.

October 22nd, 2014, 11:22 am
Bottle Cap

I don't have her yet still waiting for her to come in

October 25th, 2014, 7:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]