View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 20th, 2017, 10:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Played against Cerci Last night, now for some thoughts. 
Bottle Cap

Last night I played 50pts against Cerci Speed Circuit.

My List:
Cross + Rook
Isabeau
Full Swordsworn
Full Purifiers
1 Paragon
2x Esper Condensors

His List:
Princess Mayala
2x Helle's Bells
Mechanics
Royal Wrecker
Esper Condensor and Armor Boosts

I was the villain, He was the hero. His objectives for Primary Orange, Secondary Red. Mine were Primary Blue, Secondary Green.

He makes a Bee line to complete his secondary objective, to put down 5 sabotage tokens, and I start positioning to complete secure the perimeter. He scores his secondary before he draws through his deck so he completes his faction specific objective as well. I quickly secure the objectives and go to 5. He starts whittling down my primary objective and my Paragon (target of the green secondary) makes a Bee line for the furthest board edge. I drop some Belle's from the table and with 6 pts left on my objective the best he could hope for is net 5 damage before my paragon goes and delivers his life token. Was a very close game.

Now for some thoughts:
*Cerci are squishy, get attacks into them and they will most likely melt.
*Lap Time is easy if they are smart. I used my early activations to gather from my esper condensers and get Cross a ton of esper, this was unnecessary. I should have poured attacks into his army trying to kill things and make him draw through his deck so he couldn't do lap time.
*Have to have a strong mind on scenario at all times. It will help you anticipate their moves and let you set up some kill zones if they enter it.

Potential List changes:
I think I would rather run Francis Malory as my Knight and run more paragons to try to match the speed. Francis's movement and queue fixing abilities should have a huge impact on affecting the rate at which you score your scenarios. Cerci has a lot of melee which is another reason I would take Francis over Sebastian in that match up. Jeanne could be rock solid as well. Compel a model out and light it up.

Hope you enjoy.

August 28th, 2014, 11:44 am
Mini-Boss

Great post. I think you had even more insight on cerci than on shattered sword. Much food for thought here.

August 28th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Bottle Cap

Dais wrote:
Great post. I think you had even more insight on cerci than on shattered sword. Much food for thought here.

In other games I like to play the super fast harassment type armies. Cerci was actually going to be my first so no one claimed them but the dude who was interested in shattered sword decided not to play the game so I went with them instead.

August 29th, 2014, 11:31 am
Mini-Boss

BergerFett wrote:
Dais wrote:

In other games I like to play the super fast harassment type armies. Cerci was actually going to be my first so no one claimed them but the dude who was interested in shattered sword decided not to play the game so I went with them instead.

I ended up with five factions so nobody is trying to avoid faction overlap with me. I like the idea of a more control-based sword cadre. remain where you are seems like a lot of fun so I'm hunting other monkey wrenches to throw in the mix. It is troubling that cerci might be able to outspeed good aoe placement.

August 30th, 2014, 7:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]