View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 19th, 2017, 4:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Jeanne Romee? 
Denizen

So I haven't done anything beyond assemble my shattered sword. Don't get me wrong; I love the models, and they look fun to play (I love the law esper abilities). I have just been so busy with doctrine, that I haven't gotten a game in.

Today I actually gave a good hard look at the rules for every model, and was floored by one in particular. The paragon cheerleader looks so awesome (rules/art/fluff). A fairly cheap compel? My wife better keep her corsairs off of buildings/away from walls (not possible). That buff to increase damage by 3? Navarre and his paragon pals are going to light some people up.

She is so interesting. Aside from her ability to decimate squads by making them suicidal she has no real 'attack', but that is completely ok. She provides some great buffs and is decently survivable.

So has anyone proxied her? I think I may do that myself today, and would love some discussion before I do.

The Noh Empire is not a melee-centric force.

July 29th, 2014, 2:46 pm
Bottle Cap

She certainly caught my eye. I was considering using her, Isabeau and a Dampening Field for shenanigans - assuming I can draw the esper. First two activations see Jeanne drop a pressed Guidon and Isabeau drop Protective Embrace. That'll turn Swordsworn into unkillable monsters doing 11 damage from unpressed attacks, 6 Armor, and healing 2 at the start of every activation. Isabeau can also drop Font of Life or Nurture and Jeanne can drop Intractable to increase the shenanigans. Surround those two with Swordsworn so the enemy can't draw LoS to them. Anyone that tries to climb buildings to draw LoS to them gets compelled off them by Jeanne.

But that's all in theory. Haven't had a chance to play a single game yet, let alone try something silly that probably won't work. At 35 points, the list would probably be Jeanne, Isabeau, a unit of 5 Swordsworn, two Esper Condensers, one Dampening Field and one Ammo Drop. Deploy primary objective aggressively, drop everything around it and force the enemy to come to me. Doesn't really have a way of completing objectives, falls apart if it takes any casualties, totally wrecked by a single Pacer removing all those AoEs or anything with Blast flinging the entire cadre away from their AoEs. But if it works...

July 29th, 2014, 10:46 pm
Ninja Corps

Creating a little "invincible" citadel like that is neat, and makes you very hard to kill...but also very easy to avoid while doing objectives. :P

July 29th, 2014, 11:19 pm
Denizen

Bottlenecking is better than castling. Force confrontation or long route on units that can't handle the confrontation while your other models activate to clear objectives.

In my game I just finished, my wife's broadside was chosen for defense of life. The shortest path to finish her objective required a move through what amounted to an alley. Her last activation ended close to it's mouth. Jeanne dropped a 'remain where you are' in the alley just snagging the broadside. My next activation placed Isabeau in such a way that it would take 3 activations with the Broadside to clear the AoE. Going around would have taken 4. The broadside was dispatched quite abit later as I didn't need to worry about it for awhile.

On a completely different note: Austrican's Divine creator + Corsairs = Squish

The Noh Empire is not a melee-centric force.

July 30th, 2014, 1:18 am
Bottle Cap

I really love the model but donĀ“t have the rules ao i dont know what he does...the only problem is that buying the second Hauer model. Can I buy only the model?

August 1st, 2014, 8:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]