View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2018, 9:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Now that the game is out (!) 
Bottle Cap

So, fellow Paladins! Plenty of us have gotten our stuff, and I'm curious what successes Shattered Sword players are finding in their first matches. Setbacks, favorite units and tactics, pitfalls to avoid, what are folks finding?

July 1st, 2014, 6:16 am
Bottle Cap

Played my first game just last night, and those sword sworn eat far more damage than I expected. Guard on a cheap spammy unit is pretty great.

I was disappointed by Quill's tow, though. 5" just doesn't get you far when you're trying to break LoS.

July 17th, 2014, 10:31 am
Ninja Corps

I've been a fan of Swordsworn followed by Austrican. +5 damage from coordinated ranged attacks is real nice, even better if you're running sebastian so you can redirect damage onto him.

July 22nd, 2014, 2:56 pm
Bottle Cap

iknowshaqfu wrote:
I've been a fan of Swordsworn followed by Austrican. +5 damage from coordinated ranged attacks is real nice, even better if you're running sebastian so you can redirect damage onto him.

I'm not sure if I read that correctly; are you saying that since Austrican is the Swordsworn Officer, he gets the damage buff from his mini-Pally buddies shooting, when he's swinging? I'd just written off that particular Officer pairing, since the chances of him getting to swing whilst assisted by Swordsworn doing melee seemed pretty negligible. If I read the rules wrong, and his melee is assisted by their ranged, that's a lot better.

Anyone know this for sure?

(I'm also writing off Isabeau's Officer trait, since either her or the Purifiers getting in to melee is a bad idea, and you're REALLY screwing up if both of them are!)

July 23rd, 2014, 6:47 am
Ninja Corps

Oh wow I misread officer, read it as grants coordinated attack when it should be he is granted coordinated attack.

July 23rd, 2014, 7:00 am
Mini-Boss

MrZorg wrote:
iknowshaqfu wrote:

I'm not sure if I read that correctly; are you saying that since Austrican is the Swordsworn Officer, he gets the damage buff from his mini-Pally buddies shooting, when he's swinging? I'd just written off that particular Officer pairing, since the chances of him getting to swing whilst assisted by Swordsworn doing melee seemed pretty negligible. If I read the rules wrong, and his melee is assisted by their ranged, that's a lot better.

Arrange your cards so that the Swordsworn activate right before him and attack a unit that isn't activating between them (just look across the table and see what the options are).

Yes, it can get tricky, and your opponent will likely be afraid of it, but if you pull it off, you will do Kisaro To amounts of damage (I think it maxes at 13 or so).

July 26th, 2014, 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]