View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2018, 1:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Noh Lists 
Bottle Cap

Any good idea/combo to use him? i like too much the model to leave him outside the battlefield!

Relic knight Gallery!

February 13th, 2015, 5:38 pm
Mini-Boss

Do you mean Amelial?

February 13th, 2015, 5:56 pm
Bottle Cap

Aedesyr wrote:
Any good idea/combo to use him? i like too much the model to leave him outside the battlefield!

If you're talking about Mamaro To, I really want to run him as well. He's crazy durable and his model looks great.

Serpent Priestesses can help move objectives or units towards him, as can Entropy Masters like Amelial with Horror.

If you know your opponent will be gunning for an objective of yours, placing a Kinetic Dampener boost near him and the objective will help Mamaro to punish enemies token-grabbing when his turn in the queue pops up.

Marikan To and Lakmi's Fang Trap and Stalk could also help make his threat radius a bit bigger.

February 13th, 2015, 6:27 pm
Bottle Cap

I meant kasaro to!
His cadre ability is pretty strong-imho, im gonna use him with mamaro to for sure. Maybe a serpent priestess. Some hatriya ? Dunno, i think he has potential(he himself is pretty strong)for a more aggressive list than the first i posted(the where-do-you-think-are-goin board control zineda list).

Relic knight Gallery!

February 13th, 2015, 6:50 pm
Mini-Boss

I think he has possibly the worst cadre ability in the game. Like I say, melee is weak in the current climate to begin with, but for the unit also to have to be within 3" of Kasaro To as well having to actually get into melee combat means you're not going to get much use out of it. I personally wouldn't run Kasaro To and Mamaro To in the same list. I think the best use of Mamaro To is to sit in the idle pile early game whilst I objective run with the Hounds. Once my opponent kills either the Hounds or Beastmaster, then I introduce Mamaro To into the queue. He's far too tough for my opponent to waste their time on him whilst he's in the idle pile.

For Kasaro To I would hide a Serpent Priestess in a Darkfield and use her Compel to try and feed Kasaro. I may even take a second Serpent Priestess. You'd then need a really good objective runner so Amelial is probably the best bet. Making one possible build -

Kasaro To
Amelial
2x Serpent Priestess
Darkfield
Dampening Field

It's far from a top tier build, but that's because Kasaro To is arguably the least effective Relic Knight in the game.

February 13th, 2015, 8:30 pm
Bottle Cap

Kasaro doesn't look so bad on the paper. Armour 2 and recover 3 make him really tough, he has a knockout attack and overall he deals a great amount of damage. With the use of priestesses to feed him i think he might be pretty dangerous. he is less tactical than Noh's other knights-but his damage output is so high that-imho-he has potential.
I mean, his base attack deals damage 7. he gains +1 damage for each pojnt of murder spree...
Also, dimentional link is a nice ace on te sleeve . Excpecially to help other units to activate faster in order to snatch objectives.
His cadre ability...wouldn't be THAT bad if it had 3" range more. +1 damage is not bad tho, expecially in a game like this where you can actually calculate how much damage you are gonna deal-no dices to screw tactics over!

Relic knight Gallery!

February 13th, 2015, 9:06 pm
Mini-Boss

If Relic Knights were like other games then all of that would be great. Combat and killing are low efficiency strategies though. You need to be objective running and disrupting the enemy. Trying to kill Kasaro To is a waste of time so his armor and Recover doesn't really do anything for you. His initial move is 7 and he lacks Charge so it's very difficult for him to get into melee, and anything with an OC melee guard doesn't have much to fear from him even if he can get them in melee (and Cordelia will just send the attack back onto him). The better cadres will just run around him as they complete objectives and win the game.

February 13th, 2015, 9:13 pm
Bottle Cap

True.
Its a bit of a shame tho, i just love the model so much.

Relic knight Gallery!

February 13th, 2015, 10:09 pm
Moderator Ninja

Kasaro To smash enemy objectives, then enemy come to him?

February 13th, 2015, 11:01 pm
Ninja Corps

hausdorff space wrote:
Kasaro To smash enemy objectives, then enemy come to him?

I built a team based on this, and it works pretty well. It's Kasaro, Mamaro and Amelial. My primary objective with that team is always to crush whatever my opponent needs to do their objectives. Kasaro is particularly good at this, with his ability to pull objectives and the other team being terrified of getting anywhere close to him. Mamaro is also quite good at it...he's durable enough to just walk right towards his target, and smoosh it. Amelial is there for mobility, actual objective running, some diversity in skills and esper, and her particularly effective knockback attack.

February 14th, 2015, 4:12 am
Mini-Boss

I think that's a good use of Kasaro, though I was trying to offer a build that fitted the "smash" theme that Aedesyr wanted. I also still think that the best cadre builds don't have much to fear from Kasaro no matter what he does. Not that a Kasaro cadre can't beat them, just that the odds don't favour it.

February 14th, 2015, 6:27 am
Bottle Cap

Smashing objectives sounds fine to me. Dindn't tought about that, gonna try it out next time!

Relic knight Gallery!

February 14th, 2015, 8:48 am
Bottle Cap

Got to try out the "Beastpack" on Friday night of;

Marikan
Beastmaster x 2
Hounds
Dahon

I really enjoyed the way the list played - I actually didn't play it overly offensive initially, I had the 5 sabotage tokens on 5 different objectives, and 3 Infuse tokens on Both Primary objectives. I found with linking the Beastmaster and either the hounds or Dahon it really let me zoom around the board and get things done. Meanwhile Dahon just lurked around as a Great big threat being used for objectives when needed or trying to block positions at other times. I've gotta say the Dahons defensive capabilities are something completely else, Initially I missed his natural recover 2 and was just using his armor 2 and Hydras blood, then I seen his natural recover 2 and wow. My opponent was playing Paladins so not overly fussed by Belligerent but I can see that being a really difficult ability for some factions especially using him to guard objectives.

March 15th, 2015, 3:41 am
Bottle Cap

I'm more amused by the image of the Dahon rampaging through the board than amything else. Especially aince it can interact with objectives to grab tokens etc.

February 23rd, 2018, 1:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2