View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 10:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 2.0 Beta - DS Rin Farrah 
Denizen

Maybe I'm overlooking something and someone can help me out, but in what circumstances would DS Rin have LoS to a target that didn't have LoS to her? Perhaps the extra damage of Unseen Shot is meant to trigger when she has cover respective to her target?

May 5th, 2017, 10:29 pm
Denizen

She has Stealth, so if she has cover she can draw LoS without having LoS come back.

May 6th, 2017, 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

You'd think that, but Stealth as worded doesn't block LoS. LoS is still drawn, stealth simply prevents the unit from being a valid target for ranged and psychic attacks.

This is an issue where the intent is (fairly) obvious, but the wording on either Stealth or her specific ability needs to be changed for it to work.

May 6th, 2017, 1:21 pm
Ninja Corps

That's true. the specific that stealth prevents ranged/psychic targeting was brought up when I had the concern that stealth could prevent a stealth character from making melee attacks (which requires mutual LOS).

So, it is a rule that has a clear intent, but that intent doesn't align with the actual rules.

May 8th, 2017, 8:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]