View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 19th, 2017, 3:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Terrain Links 
Denizen

deadestdai wrote:
Obsidian-Crane wrote:
Mantic's Deadzone terrain is potentially handy for setting up tables for a range of sci-fi games inluding RK.

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/battlezones.html

(I have no comment on the retail product's value as I got a bucket of it via the Deadzone KS. The material is good and relatively easy to use and set up...now I just need to paint it.)

I just put together my mate's KS terrain. It's not as modular as it's advertised. Those connector pieces snap damned easily. We decided to just glue the buildings we made in the end. Also, no angled walkways, so you'll have to come up with your own solution for that.

I presume you mean horizontal angles, I just used right angles on the 1 gantry section I made, but you can make ramps with the angled slips they provide. I also glued mine together in the end, not because of the lack of modularity, but instead because its just easier to have it all assembled and keep it that way. :)

June 11th, 2014, 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

Here's a thread on TMP with pix of a very nice city layout for 15mm, nice clean basic eye-candy for inspirational material: http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=349431

June 13th, 2014, 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Novus Design Studio has a new Combat Burger Joint, among other offerings, that would be quite at home on an RK board:
http://www.novusdesign.net/New_Releases-Combat_Burger_Joint_1.html

(image is too large to insert)

June 17th, 2014, 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

This stuff is pretty modular, I didn't see a link to it, but Pegasus Hobbies Hexagon construction sets are pretty nice for the money, and allow a wide variety of modular building. You can probably find them cheaper on another website, but here's a link to amazon. Don't bother with the Cyberclicks stuff though, it's extremely difficult to work with.

http://www.amazon.com/Pegasus-Hobby-490 ... gy_t_img_y

July 7th, 2014, 5:45 am
Ninja Corps

Has anyone picked up PlastCraft's foamed PVC Infinity terrain? I'm looking for opinions on it.

July 8th, 2014, 3:35 pm
Ninja Corps

I've started work on a "Doctrine Observatory" aka Haqqislam Planetology Observatory.

you can see some WIP shots here
http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/ ... /?p=913606

my thoughts:

It's very easy to put together with superglue, takes primer well, and it's nifty the cool stuff you can do with the slight flexibility. Downsides are edges and corners not being as sharp and no laser-etched details. The MAS Infinity stuff is the best quality terrain I've encountered so far, but this is probably second.

July 8th, 2014, 4:07 pm
Ninja Corps

fanguad wrote:
I've started work on a "Doctrine Observatory" aka Haqqislam Planetology Observatory.

you can see some WIP shots here
http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/ ... /?p=913606

my thoughts:

It's very easy to put together with superglue, takes primer well, and it's nifty the cool stuff you can do with the slight flexibility. Downsides are edges and corners not being as sharp and no laser-etched details. The MAS Infinity stuff is the best quality terrain I've encountered so far, but this is probably second.

Hm, maybe I'll pick some up, then. I have some of the MAS Infinity terrain, and it's very well-detailed, but it was about five different hassles to assemble, so I'll try second-best if it's easier to put together.

July 8th, 2014, 4:46 pm
Mini-Boss

Bitt_Player wrote:
Has anyone picked up PlastCraft's foamed PVC Infinity terrain? I'm looking for opinions on it.

I have some of their square infinity buildings, some smaller terrain features, and a fantasy building made into a shattered sword temple. The material is very interesting and has some great properties. It carves easy like balsa wood and has a good flex like styrene. It can dent a little but it is quite sturdy and can survive toppling over on the tabletop when a sleeve catches it. The stuff is light and superglues well but even fine sandpaper leaves some scarring. It feels almost as if the paper and foam of a foamcore sheet have melded and been compressed.

The way the sheets are cut leaves minor marks on inside corners but you are not buying this stuff for the superb detail, you are buying it for the crazy good value coupled with a reasonably good appearance. You'll have to peel some plastic backing off the sheets and trim the connection points for the pieces when you get the kits but that is simple stuff.

The resin parts that come with some of the kits are okay but suffer from mild bubbling and are clearly hastily cast. Thankfully they are reserved for minor details.

July 8th, 2014, 6:37 pm
Bottle Cap

hey dias! Any chance you can tell me how you did those bases, in another thread of course. There awsome!

July 10th, 2014, 6:00 am
Mini-Boss

witchcoven wrote:
hey dias! Any chance you can tell me how you did those bases, in another thread of course. There awsome!

honestly, I just printed out the faction symbols on cardstock and super glued them to the bases. Just seal the bases with varnish so the paper doesn't get damaged.

July 10th, 2014, 6:16 am
Bottle Cap

Dais wrote:
witchcoven wrote:

honestly, I just printed out the faction symbols on cardstock and super glued them to the bases. Just seal the bases with varnish so the paper doesn't get damaged.

LOL, I thought you were an airbrush pro. Still cool either way, thanks for the tip!

July 10th, 2014, 4:45 pm
Ninja Corps

Dais wrote:
witchcoven wrote:

I thought you used decal paper, myself. Which I might do, actually.

July 10th, 2014, 8:28 pm
Denizen

Anyone know of anywhere selling the Microart Studios Holoads that isn't in Europe? All the listings I can find are out of stock...

August 19th, 2014, 3:07 pm
Mini-Boss

KrispyXIV wrote:
Anyone know of anywhere selling the Microart Studios Holoads that isn't in Europe? All the listings I can find are out of stock...

I think miniaturemarket has them. They seem to sell out faster than they get restocked.

August 19th, 2014, 3:32 pm
Denizen

Dais wrote:
KrispyXIV wrote:

I think miniaturemarket has them. They seem to sell out faster than they get restocked.

Argh :( conflicting information there. The search shows 1 in stock, the actual product page has none.

Ah well.

August 19th, 2014, 3:37 pm
Mini-Boss

KrispyXIV wrote:
Dais wrote:
KrispyXIV wrote:

Argh :( conflicting information there. The search shows 1 in stock, the actual product page has none.

Ah well.

keep checking every few days. I know they restocked some micro art stuff in the last month or two.

August 19th, 2014, 3:50 pm
Ninja Corps

you can get them from thewarstore and cmon as well, though both are also perpetually sold out

August 20th, 2014, 2:04 pm
Denizen

fanguad wrote:
you can get them from thewarstore and cmon as well, though both are also perpetually sold out

I have the warstore set to email me if they come in :)

August 20th, 2014, 5:51 pm
Minion

FRPGames has a couple here

August 20th, 2014, 8:37 pm
Ninja Corps

I thought I would add my contribution to the list (I haven't seen anyone else post their page yet): http://impudentmortal.com/product-categ ... m-terrain/

Here are some images with some of my figures used for scale. The wide walkways are about 60mm wide and the smaller ones are 30mm. I also placed the terrain on the RK gaming mat for reference (NOTE: The terrain is not set up for a game. There is also a few pieces missing (two corner walkways and 10x 1" high barricades))

Figures used: 4x Hounds of Nozuki, Beastmaster, Delphyne (on the Billboard), Fiametta and an Academy Guard

September 4th, 2014, 9:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next