View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2017, 1:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Terrain Links 
Ninja Corps

Here is one I totally forgot to list. Modest Magic has relatively cheap extruded polystyrene terrain like Modular Sci-Fi Walls (build future ghetto), Alien Civilization (with neat alien spaceport maybe), and Hex Platform (vary the level of the terrain with simple geometric shapes). I'm planning on the Hex Platform to go along with some other pieces I'm getting and the Modular Sci-Fi Walls was designed for Infinity so should work well here.

-ape2020

November 10th, 2013, 4:56 am
Ninja Corps

Hey here some more rather inexpensive sci-fi terrain from Laser Cut Card and even more interesting is they are developing a futurist city to fit in with Infinity. Now these could also work great with RK and maybe SPM or use might want to give some input on the designs: Facebook Page

Infinity Terrain R&D (Please note these are concepts and test cuts and not the final product)

-ape2020

Last edited by ape2020 on January 24th, 2014, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 23rd, 2014, 6:00 am
Denizen

Looks pretty cool but where are they based out of? Most places that are awesome I see are in like england or something so shipping is pretty crazy (i know I can go look on my own....)

January 23rd, 2014, 3:25 pm
Ninja Corps

Pride365 wrote:
Looks pretty cool but where are they based out of? Most places that are awesome I see are in like england or something so shipping is pretty crazy (i know I can go look on my own....)

That first link takes you to their web store. The about us says they are out of South Africa, but the shipping for them seems reasonable compared to say CNC WORCKSHOP out of Australia. That is like due to the country and material used.

-ape2020

January 23rd, 2014, 5:32 pm
Denizen

ape2020 wrote:

That first link takes you to their web store. The about us says they are out of South Africa, but the shipping for them seems reasonable compared to say CNC WORCKSHOP out of Australia. That is like due to the country and material used.

-ape2020

I just wish there was someone in the US that was good and cheap

January 23rd, 2014, 5:33 pm
Minion

Has Lasercut mentioned whether these new buildings will have removable roofs and rooms inside, etc? Seems it would be a missed opportunity if not as something that big on a table (Especially RK 3'x3') would be a bit much otherwise.

January 23rd, 2014, 9:45 pm
Ninja Corps

Pride365 wrote:
ape2020 wrote:

-ape2020

I just wish there was someone in the US that was good and cheap

Well it was mentioned that the final product of that building tested painted above would likely come in at $12 with $5 shipping. Of course if you really want a US based company Shark Mounted Lasers has some nice stuff and I plan on getting some small buildings to test out from their Retro-Futurism Line and/or Sci-fi line. Here some pics:

Sci-fi: The Garage

Sci-fi: 2-story Transmission Building

Retro-Futurist: L-Building

Retro-Futurist: Tri-partment

With some of my tax refund I plan on ordering some small pieces to test out various terrain companies.

-ape2020

January 24th, 2014, 2:18 am
Minion

So I was looking at the Anarchy Models link from the initial post. I was wondering if the Round Resin Crystal Clusters may be good for primary and secondary objective markers. 50mm around with a height of 55mm at the top point (not quite a size 3, but IMHO not bad).
Another note is I think you can get them in green, purple, blue, red and orange (or was it yellow, it was 5 of the colors).

They also sell smaller crystals for basing things. IIRC the base inserts come with some, but the pictures of them made them look opaque where Anarchy sell four of the color choices with translucent smaller crystals. I'm thinking of getting some for me and my daughter (purple and green for Diamond and Cerci).

I have picked up some stuff from Micro Art Studios (a couple of the District 5 line), Warmill (the Foodbooth), plastcraft and some stuff from Impudent Mortal (http://undergroundlasers.com/). I currently have some stuff from Underground Lasers (http://undergroundlasers.com/) on the way.

March 21st, 2014, 8:49 pm
Minion

Doh, Impudent Moral should be "http://impudentmortal.com/". Truthfully the stuff I got from there has gotten the most rave from my family. I have the Pool House and the Holo Adds. Very well done.

March 21st, 2014, 8:56 pm
Moderator Ninja

I found this Kickstarter last night, looks like it would be great for this game.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bu ... gher-level

March 21st, 2014, 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Mantic's Deadzone terrain is potentially handy for setting up tables for a range of sci-fi games inluding RK.

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/battlezones.html

(I have no comment on the retail product's value as I got a bucket of it via the Deadzone KS. The material is good and relatively easy to use and set up...now I just need to paint it.)

April 15th, 2014, 5:40 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Obsidian-Crane wrote:
Mantic's Deadzone terrain is potentially handy for setting up tables for a range of sci-fi games inluding RK.

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/battlezones.html

(I have no comment on the retail product's value as I got a bucket of it via the Deadzone KS. The material is good and relatively easy to use and set up...now I just need to paint it.)

I just put together my mate's KS terrain. It's not as modular as it's advertised. Those connector pieces snap damned easily. We decided to just glue the buildings we made in the end. Also, no angled walkways, so you'll have to come up with your own solution for that.

April 15th, 2014, 3:06 pm
Ninja Corps

Thanks for posting all these links. I'm going to be looking for some new terrain here soon and this is a pretty great resource to get started.

May 22nd, 2014, 5:42 pm
Denizen

Started googlin about to find some slot-car accessories that might work for Cerci.

Some 1/64 paper models here. I don't think I'll buy these; but I've downloaded the instruction sheets. These will make useful references for scratch-building. I particularly like the Race Tower!
http://www.innovativehobbysupply.com/photo-real/photo-real-scale-building-kits/slot-car-ho-1-64-scale-building-kits.html
http://www.innovativehobbysupply.com/photo-real/photo-real-scale-building-kits/build-kit-instructions-1.html

June 3rd, 2014, 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Could always buy some foam board and a glue stick and print out that paper terrain. Dead serious.

It may not be the optimal solution but definitely would be a great starting point.

June 3rd, 2014, 7:07 pm
Denizen

My plan for most building construction is to use clear coloured plastic boxes for anything with windows, and laminate sheet styrene on top of that for everything that's not windows. The windows can also be masked with tape and the wall parts just spray painted. But gluing on plastic siding means the walls won't glow when lit on the inside with small LEDs!

For a racing tower, I'll probably do a laminate with a Lap Times Scoreboard and lettering cut out so that lights up too ^,^

There's an independent arts & crafts store nearby with a good selection of suitable boxes. I've used these before for making buildings. I'll swing by there soon to stock up!

June 3rd, 2014, 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Digging the terrain ideas.. have to put that on my list of stuff to get. Thanks people for the ideas!

http://miniaturesincolor.wordpress.com/

June 3rd, 2014, 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Also from the slot-car racing hobby, Scaletrix has a number of 1/32 race track buildings:

http://www.google.com/search?safe=off&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1051&bih=670&q=Scalextric+buildings&oq=Scalextric+buildings&gs_l=img.3..0j0i24l3.1036.11435.0.11793.20.11.0.9.9.0.150.930.1j7.8.0....0...1ac.1.45.img..3.17.961.JAqKuC5VRV0

June 3rd, 2014, 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

All this raceway talk makes me wonder if the Sugar Rush course would be any good as terrain.

June 3rd, 2014, 11:12 pm
Mini-Boss

David wrote:
All this raceway talk makes me wonder if the Sugar Rush course would be any good as terrain.

I think we found Candy's home planet.

June 9th, 2014, 4:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next