View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2017, 11:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Looking into the Void 
Minion

So figured I start a blog for my time in Relic Knight. Hopefully I'll get pictures posted of my models, but mostly this will be a written account of my games and what I learn to help those in testing the rules. At this time mind you I have played one demo of v1.0 and a game of v1.5. So this is going to be a noobie's journey.

Currently I have most of the Black Diamond cadre models as this is going to be my main. Other modeling projects include a demo set of Shattered Swords, a Noh sorceress cadre, a Tossanian Doctrine group. I may also do a Star Corsairs group if and when my sister's girlfriend sends it to me.

So next I have a small report of my 1.5 game.

July 25th, 2016, 6:41 pm
Minion

So got my first full game of Relic Knight in.

35 pts
Opponent took:
Dalphyne/Eklis
2x 3 Noviates
Librarian
psi amp
Law/creation objectives

I had:
Leopard/Spark
5 Diamond Corps
2 Black Dragons
M8 mini-tank
Chaos/Entropy objectives

Harvest was also in effect

We did this on a 4x4 board, cause that's what the store has. Terrain was mostly building ruins with a small park in the center and in one corner. Objectives were set mostly in terrain except for two of mine. Going for a delta v.

Deployment for me was to have Leopard and the dragons guarding two objective on one flak and the tank and corps watching over the other. All are behind as much cover as possible.

Doctrine deployed with one squad of Noviates near his forward objective with the psi amp, the other on the opposite flank and Daphyne/Eklis/Librarian in the center. Most of my units were hidden but the tank, which had line to the forward Noviate squad. The forward Noviate squad is chosen for the Defense of Life.

The battle was quick. The marked Noviates were killed quickly and Leopard defended the primary objective from the Librarian quite well with the pressed Electro blast. I lost the tank, but in doing so Doctrine lost more, both squads were wiped in two rounds of shooting due to thier low defenses. A little focus on Daphlyne dropped her and that was game. I didn't take notes, but plan to next game I can get.

Things I learned. Noviates need to be protected as they are literal glass cannons. This could have been done via the Librarian's shared damage buff or just better use of cover. Linking is also a good tactic to cycle your hand if you have a bad draw. I plan to include Sophia when I do a 50pts game to link cycle the black dragons. Not to mention that that combo can hit rather hard if done correctly.

Black Diamond is a good starter as with the right units (right out of the box) you have use of half the esper types. Law, Corruption and Entropy are all useful for the units there. I'm going to look into the esper use of the Shattered Swords next as I'm almost done painting them.

The Entropy secondary is a bit too easy. If you include the knight as one of the two targets this objective is actually worth 7 VP (3 for the objective, 3 for the knight kill and 1 for the unit kill). Granted Essence one is easy if done right, the combo just allows for an easy trap.

Since there was only one use of a guard maneuver (my Black Dragons used Duck and Cover vs Chatterbox) I can't comment too much on this, but I think I understand the change, just have to research those that Guard and those that Redirect.

July 25th, 2016, 6:42 pm
Denizen

For the victory condition, you only count the highest point for a unit kill (so either knight slayer or unit killer, but not both). You do get to stack a faction or primary/secondary with those, so you should've scored 6 points, not 7.

As for the esper, all factions tend to have two main types that the majority of units use. With Shattered Sword, the consensus is that Austrician the Ogre is nearly unplayable since the esper he needs is on the opposite spectrum of what your other units need.

Game reports are always fun, but I'd recommend splitting this off into the general discussion sub, and posting your painting progress here.

July 25th, 2016, 6:59 pm
Minion

Major Glitch wrote:
For the victory condition, you only count the highest point for a unit kill (so either knight slayer or unit killer, but not both). You do get to stack a faction or primary/secondary with those, so you should've scored 6 points, not 7.

As for the esper, all factions tend to have two main types that the majority of units use. With Shattered Sword, the consensus is that Austrician the Ogre is nearly unplayable since the esper he needs is on the opposite spectrum of what your other units need.

Game reports are always fun, but I'd recommend splitting this off into the general discussion sub, and posting your painting progress here.

Actually it's 7 vp, you need to two units to complete Carnage.

But as for this in the wrong section, if a Mod would kindly move this thread to General that be great.

July 25th, 2016, 7:18 pm
Minion

Ok, so I'm not a good painter or camera man. But I try.

So below are a few shots of my work, most still need details added, especially eyes, gods I hate painting eyes.

Here's my Shattered Swords starter plus Fiametta (in Sailor Pluto colours)

A second shot of the paladin, I'll get a better shot of the 'dancing' Swordsworn later. The plumes where done by skewering a pair of puff balls with a wire that is drilled and glued to the base and into the jets.

These are technically my second squad of Black Dragons, pics of the main squad plus Sophia were not good at all. Colour design is based off the RM78 Feddy suit from Gundam, basically the general issue suit.

Here we have a WIP of both versions of Zinedra and the void witch, the witch is mostly done, just need a second coat of ink on the flesh.

And finally, a gift from my sister's girlfriend who lives in a gaming dead zone it seems. It's a lot of work but I'll do my best to do it justice.

October 13th, 2016, 4:02 pm
Denizen

Good to see you did get around to posting your models.
It is always cool to see alternate colour schemes.

Good luck with the eyes, i hate painting eyes too (but SDE is much easier for eye painting than relic knights)

October 13th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]