View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 15th, 2017, 1:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Rob Jedi's Noh 
Minion

Finished Yoko :D I surprised myself being able to give her anime looking eyes with the little reflection in there though couldn't really colour them. Pretty happy with everything else, I keep dark lining to a minimum on her to match the anime style. Only bit I'm not quite happy with is the crates, they need a bit more of something.

and all put together

Last edited by Rob_Jedi on April 3rd, 2015, 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 14th, 2015, 4:49 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

I posted in the FB group, but maybe take the logo from her hair pin and put on the crates somewhere?

"My wife lets me keep all of the miniatures she doesn't know about."

January 14th, 2015, 5:03 pm
Minion

Really nice work. These are some of the best eyes I've seen on these minis. Are the models eyes that big or did you just ignore the molding and paint big eyes? If the latter, did you have to flatten or smooth the molded eyes? With a thick coat of varnish, for instance?

My eyes are coming out too small. I'd love to get this kind of result. Once again, awesome.

January 14th, 2015, 9:42 pm
Minion

Hmm not a bad idea with the Yoko skull. Was thinking of the Gurren Lagann skull and flames as an alternative. I think I might strip back the crate and do ithem dark blue maybe, something a bit more vibrant and put on the logos.

AGN that is her molded on eyes. The big difference I think is the way I painted them. I didn't paint the eyes dark before putting in the white like I do on most minis. I painted the eyes light grey then a touch of white (probably could have just painted them white) then I painted the line above the eyes black. Then for the pupil I used dark brown and painted an oval for each one. Was nice this actually left a white reflection dot in the middle I didn't have to paint in the dot. I think not having the dark line at the bottom makes the eye look bigger.

January 14th, 2015, 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Thanks for the info. These eyes look so good, I think I might just try the "paint it big" idea on my next mini. I know I've commented on the eyes, but the rest of the mini (conversion work and paint job) is great too.

January 15th, 2015, 1:44 pm
Minion

Bit of extra terrain for the Noh. A while back I was looking for ideas from Samurai terrain done by other people. I went looking on ebay for the same trees used for model railways.

they weren't as pink as in their ad but the size looked alright next to minis.

I based them all on MDF bases supergluing them in position then using silicon gap filler to make up some roots at the base of each tree before covering the bases in texture paint.

Then I airbrushed the bases brown, drybrushed lighter then glued on flock.

Makes for a nice scene with the Torii gate.

February 20th, 2015, 5:28 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Got my Hounds of Nozuki done, pretty much entirely airbrushed. I initially wanted to go from dark blue grey to light purple but the purple paint reacted badly with the airbrush thinner in the airbrush so I had to scrub them back and mixed a different brand of paint from a lot of white and touch of P3 purple to get the same colour. I ended up mixed a fair bit and sprayed Zineda, the hounds, the serpent priestess, the riftling rogue for SDE and the dragon and kobold spawn points.

The hounds were highlighted up to near white on the shoulders for the initial colour.

Next I airbrushed brown ink along the spines and tail tip and a bit underneath for shading. Then I mixed a bit of purple into the brown ink and painted squiggly tiger stripes.

I then painted the mouth and mandibles red and did a wash around the eyes. Also painted red stripes along the spine. After that the eyes got painted orange then dotted yellow. Also painted the nails to finish them off.

February 20th, 2015, 5:43 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Bit of progress on Zineda

All the flesh painted.

Then masked her body and head with glad wrap and tape to spray the sleeves. Going for the look of the artwork I started with blue at the top.

Bottom of the sleeves were sprayed purple. Then a bit more blue at the top.

Masking peeled away.

got the idea to spray some cream tone on the top of the horns and brown on the tips.

you get the soft transition more on the priestess since the way the horns join her head is in front of the hair.

bit of work on Marikan-to as well with her very Night Elf looking hair.

February 20th, 2015, 6:00 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Finally got around to finishing Kasaro-to :D

and Azi

February 20th, 2015, 6:09 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Saw it on FB, amazing work!

Relic knight Gallery!

February 20th, 2015, 8:30 am
Minion

Did a bunch of painting yesterday. Happy to finally have Zineda finished. Quite happy with how the colour transitions from blue through purple to red and orange at the ends of the sleeve tassels. Did the gold like I did on the Kasaro-to. Hard to see her face from phone shots but pretty happy with the eyes.

February 22nd, 2015, 2:53 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

my soul cries that my stuff will not look as good, but at the same time challenges me to attempt. nice work dude.

March 7th, 2015, 5:16 am
Ninja Corps

Those simply won't do! I think the only proper solution is to send them directly to me so you don't have to look at them anymore. :twisted: :lol:

For those who don't recognize sarcasm...

Will you paint my stuff for me? Those are freaking amazing! 8-)

March 7th, 2015, 5:29 am
Minion

Finished the Serpent Priestess

Also finished the Cyphers Spite and Lakmi

March 9th, 2015, 5:18 am
Profile WWW
Minion

More finished Noh, 1st up the Beastmaster

next up the Render. I did a bit of converting on this guy changing the barrel on his gun to something a bit bigger and the piping out the back to some insulating tubing with couplings made of plastic card. Had a bit of fun doing the green glows on the gun. Probably should have just airbrushed the glows but did it by hand mixing the green into the base colour of the gun to give that diffused glow look with pure green on the edges around the lights. I had the idea to make the gun look more hightech by doing it in greys like Yoko's gun instead of metallics. I think it makes it pop out more from the lower tech looking plate armour he's wearing and it surely made blending the glows easier.

Next Marikan-to she was a lot of work painting her in pieces but really happy with how she turned out in the end all put together.

March 20th, 2015, 2:25 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Now the last of my Noh to finish off, Warlord Marmaro-to and the Berzerkers

Very happy with how Marmaro-to worked out. Loads of details to paint all over the place and I added some pattern to his pants like I did Kasaro-to

Next the Berzerkers

March 20th, 2015, 2:35 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Some full army shots all together

Very happy with the results all together. Now only model left to go on the painting table is Amelial and waiting for the Hatriya Warriors and Dahon to arrive in Australia to have 1 of everything, well until inevitable next book of new stuff come along.

March 20th, 2015, 2:44 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

In a word?

Gorgeous!

March 22nd, 2015, 6:10 am
Ninja Corps

Your stuff is top notch! I think, I need an airbrush...

March 24th, 2015, 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

Fantastic work... I'm in awe...

I particularly like the Marikan'to and the Kasaro'to. The way you explained your work is very enlightening, even though I'll never have the patience or time to do it that thoroughly...

March 27th, 2015, 12:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next