View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 13th, 2018, 1:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 WorldWorks Titan Set 
Minion

I think I'm going to print this out tomorrow and work on it. I think it's a pretty great set for RK, what do you guys think?

http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/in ... roduct=157

I can imagine it being the streets of a city in RK.

November 1st, 2014, 2:01 am
Profile YIM WWW
Ninja Corps

It looks pretty neat. Let us know how it works out for you. I could use some easily transportable terrain for demos and such.

November 1st, 2014, 5:10 am
Bottle Cap

I made this set and I love it, but it took a LOT of work to get a 2' 9"-square playing area done - I'm talking weeks of work. I got myself a Silhouette Portrait automated cutter to help about halfway through, but the foamcore tiles are the main time-eater in the project. Kinda soul-crushing to make all those tiles. ;)

Everything packs up really neatly into small shoeboxes if you have to travel with it, but be warned - it takes a long time to set up. I can get mine setup in about 15-20 mins from scratch if I'm fast and I only use the Terrainlinx connectors for the outermost ring of tiles and the buildings.

Here's how it looks with some Relic Knights.

Before I was completely done with the project, I ordered myself some CNC Miniature Scenery terrain and now that I've assembled it, I couldn't be happier. But I have no airbrush and am still figuring out how to paint them up.

November 4th, 2014, 6:02 am
Minion

Wow, that's quite the impressive table there.

I'd like to see more of this vehicle, puts me in the mind of a BSG Raptor.

November 4th, 2014, 6:54 am
Bottle Cap

You can download the model for free here: http://www.genetmodels.com/ebbles-miniatures-2010-2011/

It's the VU-22 Percheron model. There's some color variations on different pages of the same site if you dig around a bit. It was a lot bigger than I expected it to be. :)

November 4th, 2014, 8:01 am
Minion

shaunk wrote:
I made this set and I love it, but it took a LOT of work to get a 2' 9"-square playing area done - I'm talking weeks of work. I got myself a Silhouette Portrait automated cutter to help about halfway through, but the foamcore tiles are the main time-eater in the project. Kinda soul-crushing to make all those tiles. ;)

Everything packs up really neatly into small shoeboxes if you have to travel with it, but be warned - it takes a long time to set up. I can get mine setup in about 15-20 mins from scratch if I'm fast and I only use the Terrainlinx connectors for the outermost ring of tiles and the buildings.

You must be the guy that posted to twitter with images of your minis on this terrain! I mentioned how flippin awesome they looked and that's what made me go ahead and pick up the Titan set.

It does look like it's going to be a LOT of work and quite exspensive as well. I tried to price out how much it'd be for the tools needed (glue, paper, knife...) and the printing and it looks like it'll come to about $140 for all the pieces I want. It's still cheaper than buying plastic terrain so, I'm alright with it.

November 4th, 2014, 3:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bottle Cap

Quote:
You must be the guy that posted to twitter with images of your minis on this terrain! I mentioned how flippin awesome they looked and that's what made me go ahead and pick up the Titan set.

Oh that was you! :) Don't get me wrong, I love the Terrainlinx terrain. The textures are great too. If you think about it, your tools cost is a one-time thing. If you're going to make more papercraft stuff, I highly recommend a Silhouette cutter, but more importantly, a continuous ink system (CIS) printer. I'm using the Epson L300 and I'm getting hundreds of full color pages without having exhausted a single ink tank yet.

On the other hand, all that MDF terrain you see on my table cost about $200, and my 3x3 table is pretty darn full. Much easier to set-up and reconfigure.

November 4th, 2014, 4:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]