View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2017, 3:31 pm

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

When a Moderator Ninja has provided a current answer on a question the topic will then be locked. This will ensure that the answer remains easy to find and help keep the board organized.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Dahon shenanigans 
Bottle Cap

Hey all!
Dahon looks like a fun model with loads of interactions. I was wondering if some of these work out the way I hope they so.

First question: Will overrun trigger belligerent twice? Sounds like it could but it could also be that belligerent won't trigger while another ability is in the process of finishing it's trigger. When do checks like this happen?

Second: can you compel something out of engagement and return it to engagement to trigger belligerent?

May 2nd, 2017, 4:02 pm
Denizen

Don't know how I missed this, sorry for the late reply.

1. My ruling would be Overrun will not trigger belligerent, as the Overrun effect doesn't break engagement. (yes, it actually does as a necessity in order to move the enemy model, but) the effect itself is instantaneous, and you always need to resolve an effect before checking other effects. Since both units would have started and ended the interaction in engagement, no trigger.

2. As #1, with the additional example of how forced movement treats collision damage - "No damage is suffered if the unit began the forced movement already in contact with the object. Likewise, I would rule engagement wasn't broken if a unit began and ended a forced move in the engagement zone of the same unit.

Though it is worth clarifying, since engagement is a new mechanic. If the wording on engagement is not expanded in the next update, I will include this in the list of concerns.

May 25th, 2017, 7:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]