View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 13th, 2017, 3:43 pm

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

When a Moderator Ninja has provided a current answer on a question the topic will then be locked. This will ensure that the answer remains easy to find and help keep the board organized.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Beta 2.0 LoS 
Bottle Cap

As written it seems that cover only works if your whole base is obscured by terrain. so if the bottom half of my model is hidden behind a wall, great, i'm in cover. However if the left 90% of my model is hiding round the corner of a building i get no cover, because you can still draw a straight line from one point on the active models base to one point on the targetes base.

This does seem right at all. Am i reading it wrong? The whole section on LoS seems needlessly complicated.

March 22nd, 2017, 8:40 am
Ninja Corps

You are not wrong. There is, in fact, a whole discussion going on that this is part of right now in one of the threads in general discussion. :P

March 22nd, 2017, 10:21 am
Denizen

And has, in fact, come up before as well.

As for complicated, given there are no range values LoS rules need to be a hair more robust than other games. Still, we're all hoping for some rules updates that could make cover work a little more intuitively.

March 22nd, 2017, 1:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]