View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 24th, 2017, 9:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Tentacle Bento Miniature Assembly Question 
Bottle Cap

So, I'm not a stranger to miniature assembly. However, my experience is almost exclusively with putting together Battletech miniatures--read that: big chunks of metal that I can drill out and use pins for support material between arms and torsos, legs and torsos, etc.

I'm a bit baffled at how to proceed with the Tentacle Bento figures due to how small the figures and their pieces are. So I could use a little advice from the community.

Are you guys pinning the miniatures or just gluing them together?

If you are pinning them, what size drill bits are you using?

What kind of glue/epoxy are you using?

And are you washing them before priming and painting?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chuck

October 26th, 2015, 3:28 pm
Denizen

i have spent many hours (more like daaaays) at my hobby desk pinning and drilling models.

i have used anywhere from .5 thru to 1.0, just depends on what your pinning and how heavy the piece is

edit- always wash my models in warm soapy water before even filing off mould lines

and glue is dependant on what material your working with, super glue for most things but a good plastic glue that "melts" the plastic together is prob better for plastic kits.

October 26th, 2015, 5:44 pm
Bottle Cap

Lizardman wrote:
i have spent many hours (more like daaaays) at my hobby desk pinning and drilling models.

i have used anywhere from .5 thru to 1.0, just depends on what your pinning and how heavy the piece is

Well, I'm just planning on putting together the Tentacle Bento figures: Cephology Club, Kibachan, Marie-Claude, etc--have picked up all eight of the latest minis just to get the Extra Credit and All-Star Student cards, but don't want to just leave the miniatures on the shelf.

It's those tiny little arms and bits of hair that scare me!

Lizardman wrote:
edit- always wash my models in warm soapy water before even filing off mould lines

I'm assuming that regular dish soap would work?

Lizardman wrote:
and glue is dependant on what material your working with, super glue for most things but a good plastic glue that "melts" the plastic together is prob better for plastic kits.

Since these minis appear to be the usual 'tin' alloy and are tiny, I figured I'd have to switch from my usual gap-filling super glue to just straight liquid super glue.

October 27th, 2015, 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]