View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 7:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Rules Q: Definition of Capture Pile? 
Bottle Cap

Played this for the first time last weekend. Some of the character cards / all stars (can't remember) refer to "capture piles". To paraphrase:
  1. Place this character card on the capture pile of another player, that pile is now worth zero points until the character is removed.
  2. OR by resolving this all-star mayhem, choose an opponent's capture pile, and free all the students from that pile into the field, while locations and captures return to the owner.

Can somebody please define "capture pile"? It's game-changing.
Is it somebody's entire group of all captures?
Or is it a the little pile of cards made up of a single capture? Like 1 noble capture, or 1 sloppy capture.

Thanks - we didn't know so we house-ruled it to e a single capture. Using these cards on ALL captures for 1 player seemed to be uber crippling.

Incidentally, I have read in these forums about the draw up to 7 cards if you have zero cards rule, but didn't see that published in the rules. Is there an errata somewhere? My copy of the game came from the SPM store several months back.

Thanks!

April 14th, 2014, 3:10 pm
Ninja Corps

Yaaaaaaay tentacle bento stuff!

But yes, I have no definite rule, but we play it as though the entire capture (location, capture, and any girls) are affected. We'd need like Deke or so to rule on this, if we can grab his attention.

As for the draw 7 cards, this is not in the rules, but many people have made house rules for this game so go ahead and do so. I find that the rule that you may draw 2 cards from the school deck instead of just one makes it so people don't just play themselves out of the game and keep cycling cards (draw 1, discard 1). It also makes the game sooooo much faster.

April 14th, 2014, 3:20 pm
Bottle Cap

Ace wrote:
I have no definite rule, but we play it as though the entire capture (location, capture, and any girls) are affected.

We played it for a single capture (1 location, 1 capture, and any students) were affected when it said "capture pile".
However, I wasn't sure if we should be affecting ALL captures that a player had in front of them.

You know, is a pile a pile of cards, or a pile of piles of cards? ha ha!

April 15th, 2014, 1:59 pm
Ninja Corps

It would be too broken for every capture from one person haha.

Besides, if it says pile you totally want to steal a cuddle puddle anyway...

April 15th, 2014, 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]