View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2017, 7:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Replacement Mechanics? 
Ninja Corps

I've been pondering completely replacing the games mechanics with something else, but my rule to myself was that it did not require any alterations to the games cards. Everything has to still work.

Right now I am pondering a method where you each draw your cards, and may play up to 2 locations per turn, locations are placed in a line and make up the current "school"
You may then send girls to class. Girls may attend any class, but girls sent to their matching class are worth double. Place your girls face down next to the class. Your opponent may then send girls to the current classes.
After all the girls are at class, you may then play as many capture cards as you choose, place a capture on the stack of girls at the class. Your opponent does the same. Having a capture on your set of girls gives them a 3 point bonus. You each tally your girls that are spent along with the capture itself.
Whoever has the most points in class captures the opponents girl, you can even win if you didn't play a capture. A class with no capture played stays in play till next turn, all the girls stay in the location.
Girls that you played at a class that you captured are returned to your hand and may be used next turn.

Anyways, yeah, this was my really rough idea. I am sure it doesn't work right now. But the intent was to make a more strategic and interesting game mechanic.

May 16th, 2013, 12:19 am
Bottle Cap

I'm not sure how that would work, really. Seems like the game would pretty much play itself. The trick to any really good game is the ability to use strategy, which is really what the game is currently lacking.

I do for this reason believe that it would be interesting to toy with the game mechanics to come up with something new and different to do with the cards...

Now I'm thinking of a way to do this... One one hand I think Texas Hold 'Em style mechanics might work, and on the other hand the addition of a game board could be interesting. I'll mull this over a bit.

May 16th, 2013, 8:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]