View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 25th, 2017, 10:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 [Project] Expanded Roster (no more clones!) 

Which suit should have a wider variety of student illustrations?
Cute 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Sexy 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
Smart 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Sporty 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 15

[Project] Expanded Roster (no more clones!) 
Minion

The one thing I hear players most often comment on about Tentacle Bento is the fact that a large portion of the girls in the base set are clones of each other. Well this project aims to help alleviate that problem!

Below you will find single suit versions of the girls from my Double Major expansion project. Each of these can be printed and used as inserts to replace (or expand) the original roster of girls. With time this list will grow and hopefully players won't have to ever see cloned students roaming the halls of Takoashi University again!

Kirino Image/Image

"Expanded Roster" no-more-clones replacement cards

November 19th, 2012, 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

I got to thinking about this project and concluded that it would be great to go back through the clones and re-make them with new art, but the original names and flavor text. Upon going through the deck I discovered that there were 36 individual cloned-image cards. Since the alleviation of cloning allows one girl from each set to stay the same, there are 28 remaining cards that need to be changed. I've gone through and picked the girls who can stay as they are, as I feel their flavor texts fit the provided artwork. They are Emiko, Kazumi, Hiromi, Kasumi, Momoko, Yukiko, Aika, and Izanami.

The remaining girls I have written up into a text file with their names and flavor text. These I think could have great replacement art as their provided texts are... evocative.

If anyone wants the list let me know. I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to post it all here for all to see, as it IS taken directly from the cards. If it's okay, however, I'll just post it.

May 16th, 2013, 7:19 am
Minion

There is also the possibility of eliminating some of the clones to balance the number of girls in each suit when using the promotional cards. The promotional cards included 4 Cute, 3 Smart, 2 Sexy, and 1 Sporty girl cards, which slightly skews things toward cute characters. If you remove 3 Cute, 2 Smart, and 1 Sexy card from the clones in the base set you will once again balance the suits and eliminate 6 clones in the process.

Of course this still assumes that the player has the promotional set and is willing to part with 6 of the original girl cards.

"Expanded Roster" no-more-clones replacement cards

May 16th, 2013, 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]