View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2017, 4:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Questions 
Employee

Hello everyone and welcome to the forums. We're still tweaking a few things, but by an large everything should be up and operational. If you have any questions or if something doesn't seem to be working quite right. Let us know in this thread so we can make sure all questions are addressed.

Thanks!
Deke

March 13th, 2012, 6:36 am
Bottle Cap

The forum rules are showing up on the top of every link I click on. Is there a place I can accept the terms or will these show up all the time? Even in this reply they showed up and on my MAC it fills the entire first screen. Thanks.

March 14th, 2012, 5:38 pm
Bottle Cap

Hi,

2 things that are 'missing' for me:
- a news section (probably not needed when all the new figures are on the main-page), with the lineart on what's in the works and such
- a trade section : I'd need it mostly to find a painter to paint the figures I don't have time for. So probably also not a really 'must have' section.

And one that doesn't really have to do with the forums:
it's really great to see the painted minis, but is there a way to have an art section for each one, where we could see/even get the following images? : inspirational pic, lineart, colored design, 'greens', HD pics of the painted minis from more than 1 direction, maybe assembly instructions (the RK with the relics can take a while to figure out what part goes where).

thanks.

March 15th, 2012, 9:52 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Multi-quote option would be nice as well.

March 15th, 2012, 2:34 pm
Minion

Can we get a brighter board theme? This dark theme triggers my migraines :(

March 15th, 2012, 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Employee

sister_lucy wrote:
Can we get a brighter board theme? This dark theme triggers my migraines :(

I'll see what I can do about us enabling selectable themes. It won't be immediate but I'll put it on the to-do list.

March 15th, 2012, 10:48 pm
Mini-Boss

Very nice. Let's see some factions specific themes, that would be awesome!

March 16th, 2012, 2:18 am
Mini-Boss

How about a rep+ tool button to use for awesome posts or excellent paint jobs, etc.

March 22nd, 2012, 8:23 am
Denizen

It has been a while since somebody like SDE_Zeke has come in to answer questions, and I was just wondering if the staff is busy with the new products coming out. I think I've been spoiled by Steve Jackson Games. On the Munchkin board, they have Andrew Hackard (one of the main creators of the game) and MunchkinMan on hand every day to handle questions that people ask, and that board gets more traffic than this forum by far (of course, Munchkin has been out for over 10 years now, so I guess that is to be expected). While I myself don't have any questions about the game right now, I'm sure that some people who have asked questions would be more at ease with an official answer.

How the Munchkin forum works is that when a question is asked, Hackard or MunchkinMan will show up to give a final word. MunchkinMan's word is only trumped by Hackard, and in general if they disagree they discuss it for a short amount of time. They are also receptive to players who give a thoughtful and civil argument on a different opinion, and they have changed some rulings in the past, but generally their word is final. If they are unsure of the answer, only then will they go and directly ask Steve Jackson on his opinion.

I only ask because I really enjoy Super Dungeon Explore and I want it to succeed to the best of its ability. I thought it would be a good idea to have somebody give answers on a regular basis so people are more sure of the game's mechanics. Having somebody of authority answer your question puts your mind at ease better than some random person giving an opinion, after all. ^^;

April 11th, 2012, 8:56 am
Mini-Boss

Xylon Lionheart wrote:
It has been a while since somebody like SDE_Zeke has come in to answer questions, and I was just wondering if the staff is busy with the new products coming out. I think I've been spoiled by Steve Jackson Games. On the Munchkin board, they have Andrew Hackard (one of the main creators of the game) and MunchkinMan on hand every day to handle questions that people ask, and that board gets more traffic than this forum by far (of course, Munchkin has been out for over 10 years now, so I guess that is to be expected). While I myself don't have any questions about the game right now, I'm sure that some people who have asked questions would be more at ease with an official answer.

How the Munchkin forum works is that when a question is asked, Hackard or MunchkinMan will show up to give a final word. MunchkinMan's word is only trumped by Hackard, and in general if they disagree they discuss it for a short amount of time. They are also receptive to players who give a thoughtful and civil argument on a different opinion, and they have changed some rulings in the past, but generally their word is final. If they are unsure of the answer, only then will they go and directly ask Steve Jackson on his opinion.

I only ask because I really enjoy Super Dungeon Explore and I want it to succeed to the best of its ability. I thought it would be a good idea to have somebody give answers on a regular basis so people are more sure of the game's mechanics. Having somebody of authority answer your question puts your mind at ease better than some random person giving an opinion, after all. ^^;

As a fellow Munchkin devotee I share this sentiment. To be fair though, SJGames has far more staff and has been around for a loooong time. The other thing is while Hackard is more or less in charge of Munchkin there are tons of non-staff supporters. These Men-in-Black act as a sort of unofficial official voice for SJGames, and while their ruling isn't official as Hackard/Munchkinman/Steve Jacksons' ruling more often than not their answer suffices. If it doesn't or they don't know then the MiBs serve as a channel of communication to one of the aforementioned higher ups.

With that said though I know SPM is a newish company with a handfull of staff and they have a lot on their plate right now with Relic Knights upcoming release, Tentacle Bento and two SDE expansions in the works. I know the regulars here like you, I and others are quick to help answer questions as best we can, usually referring to past rulings from SPM people, but as you said a more official ruling would help to ease people more.

April 11th, 2012, 1:32 pm
Mini-Boss

Yeah I'd love to see an official from the company on here more often as well. Though I share all of the above opinions, SPM's still new and a fresh face in the industry, and we're looking at the Forums being live only for about a month or so. I'm sure we'll have more face time with them a little later. Right now Con's are probably taking up a large portion of their time along with development of the 'next big thing'. Considering some other big games workshops have been around for years and don't even have a forum any more, I'd say SPM's doing a fair job at keeping involved with the community.

April 12th, 2012, 1:54 am
Denizen

Indeed, the crew seems passionate about their products, and I think they are still getting settled in to the business. At least I know that they are more responsive than some other companies I've seen in the past. ^^;

April 12th, 2012, 6:05 am
Mini-Boss

I understand that for small company with a lot of things on the go, posting on a forum is a low priority. On the other hand, it's exactly the kind of thing that goes a long way towards building strong brand loyalty among the customer base and it costs nothing.

April 12th, 2012, 8:15 am
Minion

Getting different SQL errors half the time when I post. Will copy and paste some if I think about it...anyone else having this issue? Seems to be across multiple browsers and computers.

Edit: Here's one

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './spm_forum/phpbb_search_wordmatch' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

October 17th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Moderator Ninja

Grindar wrote:
Getting different SQL errors half the time when I post. Will copy and paste some if I think about it...anyone else having this issue? Seems to be across multiple browsers and computers.

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './spm_forum/phpbb_search_wordmatch' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
I get a crash whenever I edit a post.

October 17th, 2012, 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

hausdorff space wrote:
Grindar wrote:

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

OK, so I'm not crazy.

October 18th, 2012, 1:23 am
Moderator Ninja

Grindar wrote:
hausdorff space wrote:
Grindar wrote:

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

OK, so I'm not crazy.
Not at all.

... and it's still happening. :(

December 10th, 2012, 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

A question, or request for the forums.

I really like the painting and modelling aspect of the games, and I love to post my pictures, and see other pictures, but you restrict the images to 800x600, which is a little small for some of the detail on these guys. Maybe you could make it a bit larger?

A gallery might be nice too. When someone wants to paint up a specific model, being able to quickly lookup other pictures of that specific model would make coming up with ideas/inspiration much easier.

December 24th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Bottle Cap

The current password system is a bit annoying to me. The needing mixed cases part of it. I understand the need for security, but couldn't it just be a requirement for two of the three? Numericals, capital, and lower case being the options?

I kinda have a password for most of the forums I go to, and it is a bit of a bother when one of the passwords is suddenly forced to be different because that one forum is more restrictive in the passwords.

March 24th, 2013, 11:41 am
Denizen

Is the forum going to use https protocol anytime soon? Http pages are not safe for user accounts since login form information can be easily stolen. Same is with the store. I remember the site used https mainly, but now I look at it, it seems default to http everytime a link is clicked.

March 29th, 2017, 6:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next